Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @braycobb (NET) and @beau lester (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Valero Texas Open !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Masters Tournament with 3 rounds at Magnolia National 2016 (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ers-tournament
See more
See less

My R-motion thoughts after thoughts after 4 Months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My R-motion thoughts after thoughts after 4 Months

Hello

Since its raining & cold in Ohio and were all under lock down. I thought I would finally put my thoughts down about my r motion and what I have experienced. I bought mine on Black Friday for $ 99.00
    1. Very little documentation - I worked my way through by this forum and some you tube video's. I hope the below helps.
    2. I had no problem hooking up and using.
    3. Started out with mobile app first. Then used WGT - Driving range. I play some on the courses but mostly the range and the par 3 to practice iron shots.
    4. I have tried 3 types of balls
      1. Calloway - rubber - Good balls along with Wal-Mart rubber balls.
      2. Almost balls - now my favorite. If I hit right they bounce and will land within a foot of my tee area.
      3. Sci Core - too hard too bouncy indoors with a net and blanket. They will actually bounce and hit you even with irons.
    5. It took a while to get the sensor dialed in. In the beginning I was pushing everything way far to the right. It seemed to be worse on the Mobile app.
    6. I believe I had the length of my irons and the placement too high to begin with. I couldn't hit a 181 yard 7 iron in a hurricane. I think this was part of the problem.
    7. I know what I hit a 7 iron and path. 140 - 145 Once I dialed that in ( 30 inches and placed the sensor 4 inches below the grip it started to reflect real life. The sensor is straight in the middle of the grip.
    8. I turned the putting off after the first time. if there is a better way please let me know.
    After 3 months. I now believe I have them dialed in. This brings me to the " does it help your game " question ? I can say yes. For me this has shown so much of what it takes and the results of the data. I swing 3-4 times a week. I'm past trying to find a swing, now I'm actually working on how to shape the ball and different way's to achieve the same shot.

My local range for a large bucket and top tracer is 14 dollars. After 2 weeks, I have paid for it.

I have started playing again after 20 years off and it has helped.

These are my thoughts. I welcome feedback, but lets keep it positive.

I am putting together a video which I will post this week.

Totally agree, I use a hitting net and real golf balls. I use TGC on my laptop hooked to a 55 inch HD TV. I haven’t dialed in the yardages as good as you but will try your recommendations. I only use TGC the app seems to be way off on yardages. I do play the courses which are a lot of fun and very realistic. It has help my actual game probably because I use it every other day and play 36 holes. I use gimmies when on the green which means 1 stroke inside of 6 ft and 2 strokes outside. The reason is the putting is impossible. Lighting fast greens and the sensor doesn’t pickup putting stoke very well. The fast greens make pitching and chipping difficult. It would have been great if they had updated to TGC 2019.
    This is a great device especially during these times.
    Last edited by nbar; 03-23-2020, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Asuit, Thanks for the detailed thoughts. I also have the push right. When I am at the range my balls will go straight but my ipad shows extremely right. You mentioned that you dialed in the sensor to correct for this. What exactly did you do to dial it in?

Thanks,

Carl

Comment

• Asuit
        Asuit commented
        Editing a comment
        It seems that when I had the sensor touching the grip and the length actual length 37.5 for a 7 is when I was pushing right 10 yards always. If I don't get full extension, I will push right but only on a couple of shots. Adjusting the sensor 4 inches below grip and knocking down length to 30' seemed to help. I used a laser measure on the sensor to see where the beam was hitting and straight on the center of the grip was straight on the club face. Mobile app still not down the straight down the middle. Computer app I'm actually hitting the markers and bouncing back.

Would love to put TGC on a PCtablet like the Surface and take it to the range. I've brought my MacBook Pro and ran it on the bootcamp side there. Worked excellent.

Comment

Great review...thanks.

Comment

You may know this but I’m just making sure you set up the length parms as R Motion stated
          Because my 3 wood is set to 30 inches. The length is measured from the bottom of the senor to the club hosel not the full club length..

Comment

Purchasing the r-motion for $99 is pretty cool. I live in Southern Ontario with my setup in the garage. The R-Motion is a great way to maintain your form and get your swinging the club during the off-season.

I wrote an explanation of how I think the R-Motion works which might be helpful to you. I plan on making a tutorial video for my explanation when the weather gets a bit nicer...!

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...-motion-sensor
            Last edited by wilkyb; 03-25-2020, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks much to Asuit and others who commented, these posts are more helpful than the manual. Just bought an R Motion and tried it this morning.

"It took a while to get the sensor dialed in. In the beginning I was pushing everything way far to the right. It seemed to be worse on the Mobile app. I believe I had the length of my irons and the placement too high to begin with. I couldn't hit a 181 yard 7 iron in a hurricane. I think this was part of the problem. I know what I hit a 7 iron and path. 140 - 145 Once I dialed that in ( 30 inches and placed the sensor 4 inches below the grip it started to reflect real life. The sensor is straight in the middle of the grip."

Set it up on a 7 iron with the top of the sensor touching the grip and the bottom 25.4" from the hosel, which is the default length on the app. With this setup, the app is showing a push to the right, but yardage is less (110 yds.) than what I get in real life (145 yds.). Are you saying that moving the sensor lower (closer to clubface) lowers the distance (180 to 145 yds.)? If so, I am out of luck, because I need to increase the distance and the sensor can't be moved any higher. Does changing the club length and loft on the app affect the distance?

"I turned the putting off after the first time. if there is a better way please let me know."

Does everyone agree that the putting is not working well enough to be of any use? Any fix?

Thanks for any info,
              Bill

Comment

I feel that the lower the sensor is on the shaft, the faster the sensor moves. Therefore increasing distance. I moved sensor one inch lower than grip and the carry distances seems to be pretty much dead on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Mezich View Post
                  I feel that the lower the sensor is on the shaft, the faster the sensor moves. Therefore increasing distance. I moved sensor one inch lower than grip and the carry distances seems to be pretty much dead on.
                  What you say makes sense, but I've been experimenting today and it seems the lower the sensor the shorter the distance.

I have been able to increase distance by increasing the club length on the PC app. I have not been able to change club lengths on the Android app, there's a "Reset" button but it seems to have no effect, does it work?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Mezich View Post
                    Correct, to an extent. Are you also adjusting the number in the app (phone or PC)? If not, then you will definitely see distance changes. To "dial in" your clubs to your "normal" distances, you can change the distances in the app (phone or PC)

Comment

Originally posted by billdz View Post
                      Does everyone agree that the putting is not working well enough to be of any use? Any fix?

Thanks for any info,
                      Bill
                      Personally, I don't have an issue with putting. I actually have improved my real life putting using the same stroke as with the R-Motion.

Comment

Originally posted by braycobb View Post

Correct, to an extent. Are you also adjusting the number in the app (phone or PC)? If not, then you will definitely see distance changes. To "dial in" your clubs to your "normal" distances, you can change the distances in the app (phone or PC)
                        Dean, I saw your videos, thanks much for those. For me, moving the sensor lower on the shaft decreases distance. Is that normal?

And as mentioned before, I have been able to increase distance by increasing the club length on the PC app. I have not been able to change club lengths on the Android app, there's a "Reset" button but it seems to have no effect, does it work?

Comment

Originally posted by nbar View Post
                          I use gimmies when on the green which means 1 stroke inside of 6 ft and 2 strokes outside.
                          Would someone please explain how to set it up for gimmies? I do not see a setting for this.
                          Thanks,
                          Bill

Comment

• nbar
                            nbar commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Once you're in The Golf Club game go to settings click on game play scroll down to gimmies arrow right to 'on the green' do a back and save. That should do it sometimes you may have to do it again when you start the game don't know why.

Originally posted by billdz View Post
                          Would someone please explain how to set it up for gimmies? I do not see a setting for this.
                          Thanks,
                          Bill
                          That worked, thank you. I had not noticed the down arrow in Settings that we need to click to reveal the On Green settings.

Comment

Working...
                          X