Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Chris Stevens (GROSS) and @Joe_S (NET) winning the TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Travelers Championship!

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Rocket Mortgage Classic with 2 rounds at Royal Melbourne West (Pro Tee): https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...rtgage-classic
See more
See less

Accuracy of app club data (not ball flight) vs TGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuracy of app club data (not ball flight) vs TGC

So here's a question, typically I use my garage with my laptop running TGC for my practice sessions with the R-Motion. Now that it's getting hot in the summer, my non-AC garage has just gotten too hot and I've setup a net in the back yard. Rather than having to setup the laptop and run extension cords, etc. I was thinking of just using the mobile app. I realize the ball flight calculations in the mobile app are not accurate in the least. But I'm just using the R-Motion for drill and pure practice for which I only care about pure data points. Are the mobile app club data points (face angle, path, angle of attack), and one ball data point I care about (launch angle) the same as what's shown in TGC or are those different models as well?

I have done a few tests and videos on R-Motion. I have found that the app and TGC stats are different...in fact you need to set up your clubs on both systems (the app and TGC). Check out some of my videos on my youtube channel as they may help answer your question. Hope that helps. www.youtube.com/c/deangolfallyear

Comment

• fyangster
      fyangster commented
      Editing a comment
      golfallyear is correct you need to setup your club on the mobile app so your golf club will be close to TGC.
      I also find the the club speed and ball speed is off.
Working...
X