Putting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting

Who skips putting all together and who actually putts out.

I find putting very unrewarding and often have 3 plus putts per hole (even when set to 2m gimme), it gets frustrating real fast. Personally it ruins the whole Skytrak/TGC experience for me. Last few rounds I set it to distance and I find it more enjoyable. Also I feel putting on the Sim may actually have a negative impact for me in real life golfing. I purchased the Sim as a training aid and I don't feel I am actually gaining any value from putting on the Sim.

I am new to this sim experience and I could be completely wrong with my opinion and maybe over time I may grow to like it. Anyway I am curious to see how other people feel about putting.

I too have had a very tough time with putting. It was quite embarrassing for me for the longest time to even have to putt and make the guys I was playing with watch me do it 3 maybe 4 times a hole. Slowly but surely messing with green speed and practice I have gotten just proficient enough that I can two putt inside 45 feet...outside of that it's gonna be a 3 jack for me. Guys like Bob Chung are sinking putts from everywhere..and he is a SkyTrak user!!!
    Putting is just a damn formality we all have to go thru for the tournaments....it is absolutely NO HELP AT ALL for outdoor play!!! Do what ya gotta do to make the sim experience a good training aid for the up coming summer and don't worry yourself too much about putting on TGC. Keep a decent putting green in your garage like I do and practice there everyday so TGC won't have you completely jacked up when the good weather arrives. Just two cents worth from a guy going thru the same agony.

Comment

AND make sure you have the putting patch downloaded if you don't already!!!

Comment

I don't putt unless I have to. Reason is that it takes so long to read and decide where to aim. I play after work so have a limited time to do it. It is not to difficult with the pro-tee putting device. As long as you put a good stoke on the putt you end up pretty close.

Comment

Putting on SIM's is ridiculous, I refuse to do it. I also think 6 ft gimmes in TGC is ridiculous. If I gave my crew 6 ft putts we'd all be a + hcp. I like how in FR1/FSX you can give yourself however many putts you want for the scorecard. It's easy to tell if you can make an easy 1 putt or where a 3 might be more appropriate for some long multi-breaking putt.

Comment

On TGC I use the "Distance" option to add 2 strokes from one distance and 1 stroke from closer distance. I find it rediculous that they make you putt in tournaments, for this reason alone is why I probably never join a tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by shank12u View Post
              AND make sure you have the putting patch downloaded if you don't already!!!
              A WHAT!!! whats a putting patch?

Comment

I putt and it works fine. I don’t use the putting patch.
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                London Hunt Club L mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

I do use the putting patch, but can't really tell any difference in my results. Believe it or not I have found that my putting has improved IRL since I've had the skytrak/TGC. I simply try to focus on speed and quality of strike indoors and that has helped outside. Sure you have to aim, and I don't spend a lot of time being too precise as far as that goes, but just using the putting as a chance to focus on your stroke and hitting each putt solidly could be a benefit.

Comment

Agree putting is not the same as real life but with a bit of practice its not that hard. You are missing out on not playing in the tourneys, its the best part of sim golf; give it a try you wont regret it.

Comment

Working...
                    X