Room height for Uneekor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room height for Uneekor

I am interested in upgrading my gc2 to the overhead mounted uneekor system but my ceiling height is 8ft 6 in(9 foot ceiling in basement comes out to 8ft 6 since finished). Is this still useable with uneekor? I know the requirements for height as 9 ft minimum but wondering if that is for swing clearance to decrease risk of hitting ceiling with clubs not so much for the system to work?

I would say no. Unless you are really really short and don't plan on hitting Driver or Woods.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
      Wizard of Coz commented
      Editing a comment
      Im hitting driver with 93 inches of clearance. I think his question was will uneekor work or not. I don't know that answer. Gene??

Is this height clearance for clubs or for the system to function? I currently hit all clubs including driver with no issues...maybe I am short at 5ft 8 but also have a more flat swing. What I need to know is if it affects ability of uneekor to work? I assume it is mounted directly behind in line with my centered projector or more to the right for only right hand use. So the unit should never be in my swing path.

Comment

This is a good question to ask Uneekor directly. Their reps are very helpful and should have the answer. I had a couple of obscure technical questions and they were able to confirm with their development department just about anything I asked.

It is mounted 3'6" behind your tee, so it shouldn't be in your swing path.

Comment

Thanks. I sent an email to Doug hoping to hear from him soon...

Comment

I have a half-sloped ceiling and had to lower the unit from the flat portion (10’) to clear the slope...about 5”. The unit is another 4-5” tall. 2” of carpet and Fiberbuilt mat.... I’m right at 9’ from the bottom of the sensor.

Doug told me multiple times 9.5’ is ideal if you can achieve it. I couldn’t, so I shot for 9’ per their literature. It calibrated fine and is working great. So, how far below that can somebody go??

30 Day money back return,

Comment

• Trev
            Trev commented
            Editing a comment
            Can you show your set up (pictures videos??)? I think I have just about same set up and would be interested in seeing how yours works with uneekor. Thanks.

Best I can do at the moment
          Attached Files

Comment

One thing to keep in mind, the lower the unit is installed, the smaller the cone (hitting zone). Mine is at about 9'3" and works great!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Uneekor mounted.jpg
Views:	2951
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	231726

Last edited by mikemcd22; 12-12-2019, 03:35 AM.
            --
            What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Comment

Where are you guys putting the sensor relative to the projector? I have a short throw that is just a little behind my hitting area. I am wondering if the uneekor would have an issue being just behind the projector.

Comment

Comment

• Ericft
                  Ericft commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Here is a photo of my setup showing the projector.

Find the most common spot where you hit from. Measure 3.5’ back from there. That is where the front edge of the sensor goes. Drop a plumb line and see if it interferes. Also, the QED sensor has some drop to the bottom/sensing surface from the ceiling.

Now, having said that, once you calibrate (and depending on ceiling/sensor height), the hitting “zone” is maybe 12-15” forward and 4-6” behind that original spot. So there is some wiggle room fore and aft of where to mount it and still be hitting in the same general area of your mat.

The detection cone comes forward and downward, so with a enough planning, that projector won’t be an issue, IMO.

That looks like a 4x5 mat, give or take. The unit will be behind the back edge of your mat at least a foot, and shine downwards and forward.

Last edited by 968Cab; 12-14-2019, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Installed my system tonight. Seems like LAN is connected to unit, camera panel of lights are on, software installed but I cannot get it to show or recognize a ball. Tried the calibration software but it doesn’t see anything. All green squares are lit. Unfortunately tech support is out until Thursday so not sure if anyone on here ran into any similar issues. Was itching to try it out on Christmas Day after work.
                  here is pic of my install. Still need to find a good way to organize the cables.

Comment

• scottmizo
                    scottmizo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Try turning off window defender firewall. I had the same problem and that seemed to fix it for me.

Did you make sure you manually added the IP address and subnet mask for the uneekor during the network setup process. That needs to be done before you calibrate or it won’t recognize anything.

Comment

• Ericft
                    Ericft commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I did. LAN connection shows good.

Really curious how you do with the low ceiling height, if it works well for you I may try it too. My ceiling to turf is exactly 8' 6".

Comment

Below 9 feet you are more prone to no reads. Uneekor clearly states 9 feet is the minimum. You have to factor in the sensor is 4.5 inches in height. So you have to add that to your ceiling height. I had to recess my ceiling to reach the 9 - 10.5 feet requirement. As you go below 9 feet you lose a good amount of the camera view and the system needs a certain amount of distance to track the ball after it has been hit.
                    Last edited by FistPump; 12-25-2019, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X