Swing Optix Projector Rec'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swing Optix Projector Rec'd

I have EYE XO and the swing optix cameras. I currently have the optoma 1090HD and since it is a DLP projector, I get flicker on the screen given the high fps of these cameras. I am going to have to move to a LCD projector to prevent this flicker. Does anyone have any experience with this and have a rec'd to what projector they have purchased to use with these cameras. Thank you!
    Last edited by DreamsofaGamer; 03-20-2021, 02:48 AM.

I have been wondering about this as well. Can you try creating a custom resolution for the refresh rate frenquency of the projector other than 60hz or 59hz? I was thinking try 45hz and 30hz and see if the flicker changes or goes away. Maybe even try something really random like 53hz and de-time the captured frames from the output of the projector.

Comment

There is a some links and a warning on the uneekor page here-

I had read that sticking to a laser projector works best for this issue.

Comment

The Optoma ZH406ST is awesome. I can play with the lights on and it's very bright. Here is my brother in law with full lights on.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ZH406ST.jpg
Views:	1204
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	326793

Comment

• Myurch
          Myurch commented
          Editing a comment
          Great setup! What size screen do you have? Also how far do you hit from the screen? I am starting a basement build and this looks like what I want.

• myrison
          myrison commented
          Editing a comment
          What is that on the floor along the right side ?

this topic is exactly where I'm at on my simulator build. eye x0 with swing cameras x2 and trying to decide on what projector.
        Some don't care about the flicker with a DLP projector but if i can find a laser with 3lcd that works from inside 12 feet, why wouldn't someone avoid the flicker and purchase?
        I'm looking for some options - without the flicker.

Comment

Panasonic makes a projector that does not flicker with the Optic cameras. I believe its the PT-VZ585U. Previous model was the PT-VZ580U and it works also. Its not a short throw so that could be an issue. I know a couple of people that have the projector and love it as its high Lumens. One of the guys bought it recently to get ride of his flickering with the Optic cameras.

Comment

this is one that is recommended by uneekor. an option I'm looking at. just trying to see if there is a laser lcd (not DLP) out there someone is running.

Comment

I agree ideally you don’t want flicker. When I purchased a few months ago there were extremely limited ultra short throw options. Shadows become a problem from further than 12 feet.

I have the Optoma ZU606TST-W. It is a high lumen ultra short throw DLP and it does flicker. Austin from Uneekor had me switch the lens between the cameras and it isn’t as noticeable. Jay from Yourtube Golf Simulator Golf has a short throw lcd with interchangeable lens. I believe it was north of $6,000 including the lens.

Comment

• COgolfengineer
                COgolfengineer commented
                Editing a comment
                You switched the lenses on the swing cams? What did you switch them to? Can you post the swing video?

It would be nice to have a short throw to avoid shadows. The short throw also allows to have a lot of light over the hitting area for the swing cams without diluting the projector picture. But it seems the only short throws are DLP, except there are some LCD ultra short throws.

So I've already purchased my projector (Optoma ZU606TST-W) and I'm having a difficult time finding some resources to figure out what cameras to buy for swing analysis. I have a budget of ~$1500 for two cameras. Anyone have any advice on this topic? Thanks in advance

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply myrison ! I would have ordered the Swing Optix but they're not compatible with this specific projector unfortunately.

Comment

I was just looking at this too. The two Panasonic's that Uneekor recommends I'd have to have 14'4" back from what I'm hoping for with a screen size (8.5' high). Which given the offset they allow unfortunately means they would create shadows at my height (6'2"). One of them you can do a horizontal offset so I could just move it over to the right, and it would cause shadows for tall lefties but not righties. That one is $2500 - Panasonic PT-VMZ50U. Another option I found is the Epson PowerLite L630SU which is an LCD and can be mounted ~11' behind screen for an 8.5' high screen - only downside is price at $4100 .

Comment

• myrison
                  myrison commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Have you looked at these BenQ models (BenQ TH671ST 1080P)? Inexpensive and can be mounted much closer so you’re not dealing with the shadow problem.

• ozzy
                  ozzy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I looked at that one and was likely going to use it (assuming I went with 16:9 or 4:3 build) until I realized it was DLP which would cause issues with the Swing Optix cameras

Can you post a screenshot of what it looks like with the flicker? Unusable or annoying? I can't justify buying a new projector at this point, but if it is unusable I guess just turning off the projector for ones where you want down the line video would be a cheesy solution (I also have a monitor attached to the side of the setup).

Comment

Working...
                X