• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth it to upgrade to the Eye?

I am thinking of upgrading my QED to the Eye,
    is it worth it ?
    are they more accurate?
    using mark balls are annoying but for the extra money I will have to pay not sure if it’s that big of a deal to use mark balls
    thanks for your input

I think moving away from the marked balls is one of the bigger benefits many users perceive, but I've gotten pretty used to putting stickers on every 3-4 months and it really doesn't bother me much easier. The biggest benefit beyond that to me would be the additional data, particularly angle of attack. When I started with the sim and bought my QED, this wasn't a huge deal to me, but I've been working on it a lot over the last year and now find myself wishing I had that data available.

Re: accuracy, I've played a few times at a sim in town that has an EyeXO and don't find it a lot different in terms of accuracy, so I don't think that's a strong reason to upgrade. If you do upgrade, please post back and let the rest of us know what you think about the differences.

Comment

• Chanman
      Chanman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the reply and yes i will let ya know, i have 2 set up in a commercial set up and my customers would like to use there balls they are used too

I would agree, please keep us informed. I'm thinking about upgrading as well. I'm finding that I love the data QED has but as I've hit so many drivers now I'm really want to better understand angle of attack. I have to admit that using unmarked balls sure would be preferable for me.

Comment

• driver1562
      driver1562 commented
      Editing a comment
      I currently have a mevo plus with pro package. I am looking at the qed and keeping the mevo plus for the club data. Mevo connects over wireless and qed ethernet so I believe I can have them both running at the same time and have projector for QED and a separate monitor showing flightscope club data and it is a lot of data and very accurate. May be a cheaper option then xo upgrade if you have the room depth.
      Plus no club stickers
      Last edited by driver1562; 03-01-2022, 05:41 AM.

I worrry about how easy it might be to hit the eyexo system and I have heard of some misreads with shiny wedges. If only they would come out with some premium premarked balls I think qed would be even better. And I don’t think it would detract from eyexo sales.

Comment

• Chanman
      Chanman commented
      Editing a comment
      yes some balls that were close to pro vs would be amazing and that wouldnt cost a arm and a leg to buy , up in canada its very expensive to but those urethane balls.

Regarding the marked balls - I read on the forum that TP5x pix and Callaway Truvis balls work with the QED. I purchased a dozen of each and tried them out yesterday. Both balls worked perfectly and I found that the carry distance seemed a little longer.

Comment

• Chanman
      Chanman commented
      Editing a comment
      i have tried the pix balls and the backspin rates were too high on the drivers , try a normal ball that comes with the qeds or the bridgestone ones that par 2 pro is offering and then try the pix and you will see what i mean. also had some wierd ones go way left and right , i was excited that might be the answer but it wasnt that i noticed, i have not tried the truvis balls though

Click image for larger version

Name:	670CA6DE-750C-49B3-8517-841E1C4EAFFB.jpeg
Views:	913
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	355552 I’m a HUGE proponent of the stickers, and playing the exact ball you play IRL. It’s just not that big of a deal to me. And certainly not worth swapping to the EYE as the only reason. JMO

Having said that…I received these in a gift bag. My club’s logo on a Callaway. Similar to the other Callaway balls—but nowhere near a black dot or a specific pattern. Haven’t had a misread yet.

FWIW

Comment

Originally posted by 968Cab View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	670CA6DE-750C-49B3-8517-841E1C4EAFFB.jpeg
Views:	913
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	355552 I’m a HUGE proponent of the stickers, and playing the exact ball you play IRL. It’s just not that big of a deal to me. And certainly not worth swapping to the EYE as the only reason. JMO

Having said that…I received these in a gift bag. My club’s logo on a Callaway. Similar to the other Callaway balls—but nowhere near a black dot or a specific pattern. Haven’t had a misread yet.

FWIW
      Note even on spin? If you ever see the spin figure in italic font, the system is guessing. My experience with the Truvis and Pix are about 60/40 (good read/guessed read). When your clubs don't get the appropriate spin I find they carry further and don't hold the greens like IRL.

Comment

• ACgolfer
        ACgolfer commented
        Editing a comment
        I noticed the italic font last night while playing. It was only on one (1) shot but it is definitely something to watch for. So far, the pix and truvis balls are working great. Thanks.

Not even on spin. I’m aware how the system works.

Comment

Originally posted by SnapHookSnell View Post

Note even on spin? If you ever see the spin figure in italic font, the system is guessing. My experience with the Truvis and Pix are about 60/40 (good read/guessed read). When your clubs don't get the appropriate spin I find they carry further and don't hold the greens like IRL.
        I use the Pix all the time and get like 18 out of 20 read just fine. I wouldn't use them in any kind of thing that mattered score wise just in case I got some crazy driver reading with 4000 sidespin but for just hitting balls they have worked fine for me

Comment

I have found the sitckers just dont last long enough , is there a place that offers a sticker that is very good?
          Thanks

Comment

Which have you used so far ? There is a forum member that sells them here and they last me ages (3 months plus with play every few days)

Comment

Originally posted by Ericft View Post
              I worrry about how easy it might be to hit the eyexo system and I have heard of some misreads with shiny wedges. If only they would come out with some premium premarked balls I think qed would be even better. And I don’t think it would detract from eyexo sales.
              I haven't even come close to hitting mine. My son managed to sky 6 or 7 dents into my ceiling before I got the mesh, but still not close. I use the same balls over and over. I do change them from time to time so they don't damage my screen. I got a lot of misreads early on until I discovered just how good black tees were. Now I get very few.

Comment

Working...
              X