Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Walk Country Club Pro Tee 6600 Yards

Hello Everyone.

I've created another course. This one is full of water, and may play tougher than the 6600 it is. It should be up tomorrow night after a few touch-ups.

Feedback always welcome as I plan on creating more!

Hole 1: Par 5, 509 yards, Tee shot over water
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Hole 1.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	75576

Hole 2: Par 4, 424 yards, Second shot over water

Name:	Hole 2.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	75562

Hole 3: Par 3, 130 over water

Name:	Hole 3.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	75560

Hole 4: Par 4, 333 yards

Name:	Hole 4.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	75559

Hole 5: Par 5, 515 yards

Name:	Hole 5.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	75561

Hole 6: Par 4, 434 yards tee shot over water

Name:	Hole 6.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	75563

Hole 7: Par 4, 400 yards

Name:	Hole 7.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	75558

Hole 8: Par 4, 417 yards, second shot over water

Name:	Hole 8.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	75566

Hole 9: Par 3, 147 yards, high over water

Name:	Hole 9.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	75565

Hole 10: Par 4, 387 yards, tee shot over water

Name:	Hole 10.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	75568

Hole 11: Par 3, 135 yards, over water

Name:	Hole 11.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	75569

Hole 12: Par 5, 517 yards, tee shot over water

Name:	Hole 12.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	75567

Hole 13: Par 4, 355yards

Name:	Hole 13.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	75564

Hole 14: Par 4, 412 yards

Name:	Hole 14.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	75570

Hole 15: Par 5, 517 yards, tee shot over water

Name:	Hole 15.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	75571

Hole 16: Par 3, 158 yards, over water

Name:	Hole 16.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	75572

Hole 17: Par 4, 416 yards, second shot over water

Name:	Hole 17.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	75573

Hole 18: Par 4, 386 yards

Name:	Hole 18.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	75574
    Attached Files

That looks really fun to play! Some of the par threes feel like they are gonna be awesome while standing on the tee. Look forward to giving it a go. Seems like you are getting decent at making these courses. I tried to start on for all of like a hour or so haha, and there are so many options and tools that I just couldnt get myself going to where I wanted to and stopped . A little more patience and maybe Ill get there. Did you watch any specific tutorials that seems to help you most or did you just stick to the list of GNCD creation videos that were posted on one of the threads in these forums?
    Last edited by Ironstrokes; 08-05-2016, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• rsuslow
      rsuslow commented
      Editing a comment
      The biggest problem I had when starting was fairway and green size. Everything seemed out of proportion, then I figured out an average size and I stick around that when making the course.

I used the videos I found on this forum and the HB forum just to get a sense of how to properly sculpt the land and things to stay away from. Everyone seemed to be big on not putting in blind tee shots, but I put one in on hole 7. I really just wanted to get a sense of how to use the tools from the video, I didn't want it to dictate how I designed my courses. This one will probably be the most difficult I make with all the water. I feel if the water was not there, it would have a muni course feel.

I made the landing spots between 225 and 265, but if you are a big hitter and aim right, the reward will be high.

The next course I design, I really want to focus on a links style course with minimal or no trees.

You really like water don't you hahahahaha not sure if i should try that since i managed to find every little puddle of water the last few tour events i played. I would probably break a Club over my knee for the first time in my life hahahahaha Still Looks awesome and i'm sure i can't resist. I Need a new 60° anyway

Comment

• rsuslow
      rsuslow commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha, I'm going to have the same frustrations! I wanted to make at least one really difficult course, so my next won't have as much water.

I'll post a video of myself playing it to give everyone an idea of what it's like and how it plays.

• Sascha1818
      Sascha1818 commented
      Editing a comment
      sounds good, i will probably first watch the Video

Talk about a "blind" tee shot. This is a friend of mine teeing off on a 185-ish par 3 into a south wind with no clue where the green is :-). Never played a hole like that before. Kind of fun.

rsuslow love the look of the course. Looking forward to playing it!

Comment

• rsuslow
      rsuslow commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang! I don't even see how there could be a green back there!

• MainStGolf
      MainStGolf commented
      Editing a comment
      It was crazy, but fun. If you look to the right you can see the walkway to the other set of tee boxes. It's open from there and you can see the green. They have this one as just an oddity on a small country 9-hole course. Fun course with a number of risk reward shots. One was a drivable par 4. I pulled my first drive left and had to hit over the clubhouse blind to the green. There are also trees on the right. But the second go-round I drove the green and missed my 12-foot eagle by about 3 inches.

Then there was another hard dog leg right that if you could get enough height on your tee shot you could drive the green or come awfully close. If you didn't hit the green or get right around the edge, however, FINDING your ball then became a real problem. It was my first time playing the course and one of the locals said during the fall it's even difficult finding your ball in the fairway on that hole because of the falling leaves :-). Just a neat little course.

rsuslow, the pics look great! 9 looks very cool. I'll drop 4 in the water on that one. Lol. Never understood why the TGC faithful don't like blind tees. They are plentiful in real life.

Comment

Just played a round. Oddly enough, I don't think I found the water once, well, maybe once.

Comment

Im gonna give it a try, it looks fun.

Comment

I played this with my son tonight. Great course. My son commented that it was really fun. Yes there is water but you just need to negotiate around it. Try to get too aggressive and it makes you pay. I have to make up 4 strokes on the last 2 holes to win and I did. Only because he got wet on 17. I shot 84 to his 85. I say that this is a job well done.. Thanks for doing this.

Comment

• rsuslow
            rsuslow commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I forgot about it and need to get out there and play it again. I may do better now that my swing is coming together and my distance is back.

I've been thinking of creating another one as well. Just haven't got myself in a place to start it.
        Working...
        X