No announcement yet.

Sim Setup of Choice with 15-20k budget?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sim Setup of Choice with 15-20k budget?

Hi gang,

New to this forum but have been with tasked with doing some research on putting in an indoor golf sim at my club. If you all had your pick, and had about 15-20k to spend, what would you install? You don't need to spend the limit if you don't want, perhaps the best sim solution is DIY. We already have a skytrak, but have looked at full swing, TruGolf Vista, ES16, GC2. The sim will be used in the winter months and likely see steady use.

I would go with the GC2 or even a Pro Tee system given the choice, I purchased an ES-16 and it has been nothing but a headache. As soon as I get the time and money to redo my sims room floor I am installing a Pro Tee system. Like I said the ES-16 is a very big disappointment, but should you decide you really want one I would sell my ES-16 and TCG just to cover the cost of redoing the floor in my sims room. And I will be very up front I don't even think it is worth that much but that is half of what I paid for it, and I could really use the money to redo my sims room so I can do some indoor golf myself. You wouldn't have to worry about the steady use, it didn't take long for my wife and grandsons to refuse to play on it, I was the big hold out telling them it was going to get better and they would get it all fixed but that never happened and I have finally gotten to the point of no longer wanting to mess with it.

Comment

Do you run into issues right now with both left and right handed people trying to play on the Skytrak? GC2's are great but if you have to buy two of them (one for each side of the room) it will be pushing your budget. For a permanent setup with both left and right handed players, ProTee is going to be tough to beat for value. Another consideration is how wide the room is. If you have a hitting sensor like ProTee in the middle, you will need around 18 feet wide. Dual GC2s could be more like 12-14 feet wide since the hitting areas could be offset from the center.

As far as software, TGC is great in that it has so many courses to choose from, but the vast majority of the 140k are not good for simulator play because they are designed for video game play. You would probably want someone to go through and set up a favorites list so the casual member doesn't get overwhelmed by the choices. If most members are only occasionally playing, going with something like FSX with just a handful of famous courses may be preferable.

Comment

Here you can see what I paid, and when the last new unit was shipped to me. The bid I got on redoing the floor and installing the Pro Tee unit I have is $3,385.00, the ES-16 is not worth that and does not function as claimed by Ernest Sports but if you are still interested in an ES-16 let me know.

Comment

My company has built some sim rooms for clients, some commercially and a few on the street of dreams over the last couple years I would discuss this over the phone more so then on here as i do not have time to go into detail on all the options through typing. PM my if interested in discussing further. but one thing i can tell you is that there is alot of options and yes protee is a good choice to think about

Comment

Is the 15k-20k budget for a launch monitor or do you need funds leftover for projector, screen, mat, etc? If you have a large enough room and don't care about putting I'd look at Trackman. GCQuad and GC2 are great but doesn't work well for lefty and righty play. Those other systems you listed are not as accurate. I think Trackman is the best setup for an environment that will have lefties and righties come through. I'm a GCQuad owner and love the device but less than ideal if you need to be able to hit from both sides of the ball.

Comment

• JJI1981
              JJI1981 commented
              Editing a comment
              The 15k-20k budget is really for anything. So, I could do trackman but could also do a flightscope xi plus or xi tour. I must say I have used the Skytrak a bit and I find it to be a pretty nifty and accurate indoor device. Obviously, one runs into the righty/left issue with the skytrack, as well as the GC2/quad.

The 15k-20k budget, as I see it, would like be either spent on (1) A more polished "simulator experience" via the TruGolf, or with a DIY studio for the Skytrak combined with some a nice adjourning putting area or (2) More of a training center with a net, a flightscope, and a nearby flatscreen to transmit ball and/or club data.

But, as I said above, I am also a newbie at this, so I know nothing.
          Working...
          X