TruGolf distance issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TruGolf distance issues?

I might be totally wrong here but I find the distances when playing TruGolf to be different than when I am hitting just on the range with Skytrak. Has anyone else noticed this? When I really hit a driver well my carry on the range is around 250 with role out to 270+++. On TG my carries get up to 260 range. Also my irons are about ten yards further as well. I have no wind and the boost is turned off. I am still playing the demo just FYI. If that makes a difference.

If I recall, 1.6 can set the course playing conditions at he actual elevation of the golf course. Wonder if that might be what you are finding?

Comment

• Mdsypher
      Mdsypher commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe. I will look into that. I didn’t adjust anything except for camera angle. Thanks for the response!

Real balls vs range balls (especially if they are reduced yardage range balls) can make a difference in ball speed and would result in the shorter carry on the range.

Comment

Maybe I wasn’t clear. TruGolf is a simulator program that I use on my Skytrak simulator. The range I am referring to is on the Skytrak. I only use real balls. Thanks.

Comment

Hmmm, I don’t experience this issue with E6 vs Skytrak range.

Comment

• Mdsypher
          Mdsypher commented
          Editing a comment
          I have noticed my approach shots to greens are off. The other night I played an approach shot to a green over and over. It was a 145 yds. I hit my nine iron and no matter how easy I swung it was carrying 155++ yards. I never hit my nine iron that far. The green was two yards down but that shouldn’t make that big thing of difference. Still fun to play. Chip shots from around the green leave a lot to be desired. I have noticed if I place the ball about two inches behind the red dot that helps with short chip shots.

I use E6 connect on a TruGolf system. I find driver distance and anything under 175 to be right on. I feel 175-220 with irons and hybrids to go alittle further.

Comment

• Mdsypher
          Mdsypher commented
          Editing a comment
          I find most shots go about ten percent further at least. It could be several factors. Lighting Is probably the main issue. I make my room a little darker so the image on my screen is better. I need to place a light over the ball or something.
      Working...
      X