Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Wes B45 (NET) and @Chris Knoop (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - Genesis Open with 2 rounds at Riviera Country Club White Tees : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-genesis-open
See more
See less

Still the same old E6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still the same old E6

So I just re upped my skytrak subscription and noticed it came with the E6 30 day free trial, so I thought hey its been 3+ years since I have tried that software maybe they have made some improvements. I have TGC and Creative golf and thought my friends and I could try something new. Game looks great it always has and is very easy to customize, we were all enjoying it and then came the moment, I left a fringe chip of 6 yards. This was a huge problem for the game and it seems after 3 years it still is, could not get a correct chip to register unless I hit it to the other fringe.

Wow, really this same old problem has not been solved, I was thinking about maybe getting the 1 year subscription but unless someone can tell me a work around or how they get past these situations, forget it.

I spoke to E6, I don’t think they will be supporting or issuing updates to E6 1.6. For those very short chips, I place the ball on the Skytrak dot and use a 60* usually reads. Sucks. To me that and putting 10-20ft are flawed. Connect supposedly is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphaseekr View Post
      I spoke to E6, I don’t think they will be supporting or issuing updates to E6 1.6. For those very short chips, I place the ball on the Skytrak dot and use a 60* usually reads. Sucks. To me that and putting 10-20ft are flawed. Connect supposedly is fixed.
      Thanks, I have the other two software programs, just was hoping this was fixed somehow, disappointing that everyone else can get it right and not E6, will not be subscribing if that is the case.

Comment

How do u like CG3D? They are launching 2.5 in a few weeks. I’ve been using the 2.3 demo.

Comment

• Spudly
          Spudly commented
          Editing a comment
          I have not tried it yet, do you have a download link to the demo? Edit, I thought you were referring to a new version, yes I like it we play it for fun mostly

How do u like CG3D? They are launching 2.5 in a few weeks. I’ve been using the 2.3 demo.
        CG3D is really the game we use when we want to have a few friends over have a few and goof around, it is a great sim but I would rate it more to the arcade side of things as compared the TGC.

Comment

I lean hard towards TGC, it’s just difficult not to with the free 2019 upgrade.

My only concern is that it’s a console first software package. Im already reading that Alpha testers aren’t fired up on the courses, talking about sim friendly designers. Reasonable concern or not?
          The software also requires higher end graphics, I’m running a GTX940MX, not the highest end of cards.

Comment

• Solstice72
            Solstice72 commented
            Editing a comment
            You won't need the highest end card. Course development for TGC2019 should greatly outpace the TGC1 's

I lean hard towards TGC, it’s just difficult not to with the free 2019 upgrade.

My only concern is that it’s a console first software package. Im already reading that Alpha testers aren’t fired up on the courses, talking about sim friendly designers. Reasonable concern or not?
          The software also requires higher end graphics, I’m running a GTX940MX, not the highest end of cards.
          My first choice is by far TGC, I run dual 1080GTX so I am good, and am looking forward to the upgrade.

Comment

I should add that E6 says they don’t get any feedback on chipping from fringe, short chips and putting not working well in 1.6 on Skytrak. Anyone who comes across this thread, please do contact E6 on the issue. If enough people raise their hand, maybe they’ll figure out a patch. Until then I do not believe they will support the product with updates. Their focus is on Connect.

Comment

I should add that E6 says they don’t get any feedback on chipping from fringe, short chips and putting not working well in 1.6 on Skytrak. Anyone who comes across this thread, please do contact E6 on the issue. If enough people raise their hand, maybe they’ll figure out a patch. Until then I do not believe they will support the product with updates. Their focus is on Connect.
              if it's a shot detection issue, it's not the TruGolf developers that need to fix it but the Skytrack folks. The sensor integration work is handled entirely by the sensor folks, not the E6 developers.

While it's true there is no new development in 1.6, but bug fixes are still being release. One just came out last month.

Comment

e6 taught me chip-putting from the fringe or a few feet off by the use of long irons, such as the six iron. I now do this IRL also. What is obviously lacking is the choice to select hit or putt mode whenever you want it.
                If I recall correctly, TGC gives you that choice? In e6, a
                chip will not register if it has no airtime (so no putting from off the green). We also chip and putt placing the ball towards the feet about an inch from the red spot and about an inch behind the spot. What is frustrating around and sometimes on the green is when you have to hit the same shot well several times because there's no read...could be second, third, fourth time...like Russian roulet.
                Last edited by Dan McWhirter; 02-10-2019, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StuartG View Post

if it's a shot detection issue, it's not the TruGolf developers that need to fix it but the Skytrack folks. The sensor integration work is handled entirely by the sensor folks, not the E6 developers.

While it's true there is no new development in 1.6, but bug fixes are still being release. One just came out last month.
                  While I agree if SkyTrak doesn’t detect the shot E6 won’t work either. Problem is both blame the other side and somehow TCG figured it out. You cannot putt from fringe. This is a real issue in E6 when it presents itself. I’ve had it happen and agree with Dan McWhirter . He shared many E6 getting started tips. Sadly for E6 expiring soon I’m moving onto TGC for the free upgrade and discount price. I did enjoy it, favorite course was Banff Springs and Gleneagles. Great tee to near green game, short game/putting just not good.
                  Last edited by Alphaseekr; 02-10-2019, 05:46 AM.

Comment

While I agree if SkyTrak doesn’t detect the shot E6 won’t work either. Problem is both blame the other side and somehow TCG figured it out. You cannot putt from fringe. This is a real issue in E6 when it presents itself.
                    Well, to the user, it doesn't really matter who's at fault - the consequence and poor experience is the same. And it takes effort from both sides to fix those types of integration problems even with the problem in the skytrack code.

I don't blame you as far as the cost goes. I like e6 as well but wouldn't pay full price for it, I was lucky enough to get mine second hand for a good price. I think the playablity is much better than TGC (We'll see how that improves for 2019) and a lot of very good courses but their pricing policies isn't really very friendly to most home sim users and only getting worse with E6 Connect.
                    Last edited by StuartG; 02-10-2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StuartG
                      I don't blame you as far as the cost goes. I like e6 as well but wouldn't pay full price for it, I was lucky enough to get mine second hand for a good price. I think the playablity is much better than TGC (We'll see how that improves for 2019) and a lot of very good courses but their pricing policies isn't really very friendly to most home sim users and only getting worse with E6 Connect.
                      Well said, E6 is sim first and only. TGC is a console first game that broke into sims (smartly). I love E6 and am happy for all the Skytrak developers, despite all the pros and cons, it’s individual specific. We all win with a great product!

Comment

While I agree if SkyTrak doesn’t detect the shot E6 won’t work either. Problem is both blame the other side and somehow TCG figured it out. You cannot putt from fringe. This is a real issue in E6 when it presents itself. I’ve had it happen and agree with Dan McWhirter . He shared many E6 getting started tips. Sadly for E6 expiring soon I’m moving onto TGC for the free upgrade and discount price. I did enjoy it, favorite course was Banff Springs and Gleneagles. Great tee to near green game, short game/putting just not good.
                        For me these comments are spot on, the game really has that great feel from tee to near green, I even like the spin rates hitting the green in regulation, sometimes TGC shots run through even with good hard high spin shots. The deal breaker is really that green or fringe experience, I really don't mind the putting aspect all that much, but chipping is such a large part of that experience and E6 just falls short.

Thanks for all the great comments.

Comment

Working...
                        X