No announcement yet.

Launch monitor with soft/foam balls..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launch monitor with soft/foam balls..?

Hi all, first post in these forums but long time lurker.

i was wondering if there are any launch monitors which can be used indoors with soft or foam balls. My issue is that I live in a Victorian terraced house in london and noise travels through to neighbours easily.

I don’t want to buy all the equipment and get to a point where I can’t really use it due to complaints from neighbours (and the wife..!).

any good solutions to combat noise..?

thanks all

Optishot and CG2 work

Comment

R-motion will work but technically not a launch monitor since it is measuring club info and not the ball.

Comment

The almost golf balls work well.

Set boosts to:
        Driver: 30
        Woods: 20
        Irons 10
        Wedge 5

And you'll have a pretty close experience. They are still slightly loud though, but they work.

Comment

Originally posted by mayassa View Post
          Optishot and CG2 work
          GC2..? As it measures ball data doesn’t this mean any non standard golf ball would provide inaccurate data?

Comment

Originally posted by OLGolf View Post

GC2..? As it measures ball data doesn’t this mean any non standard golf ball would provide inaccurate data?
            The orange balls are more accurate for driving then the yellow balls. But they both work when your wife is sleeping and you want to play.

Comment

I would second the Almost golf balls.
              ​​​​​​

Comment

I agree with the Almost Golf balls. I have some and they are very safe indoors and quiet.

Comment

Thanks everyone. So what do you do when you use almost golf balls on something like skytrak..? Can you boost as suggested above?

i want to get a skytrak, but want to be sure I have some alternatives if noise is too bad with real balls

Comment

• ChadGolf
                    ChadGolf commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, I started with white almost on SkyTrak and still use them for driver and newbies.

I've dabbled with the yellow AlmostGolf balls on Skytrak. They do get a reading about, from what I've observed, 15 percent short of a real ball. You could adjust the altitude until you get ball flight that feels about right, Or do the math in your head and club up appropriately. GL.

Comment

Thanks all.

When using almost perfect golf balls with skytrak is the ball flight pretty accurate. Ie hitting slices and hooks. I can accept having less accurate data as long as I can see an accurate ball flight

Comment

Working...
                    X