Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launch Monitor / Sim Setup and Practice / Game Improvement

Hi Everyone,

What type of improvement are people seeing with their game on the course since having a LM / SIM?

I'd love to have a setup at home, but am wondering about the practicality of actually seeing improvement vs just for fun. Seems like full swing should be easy to work on and improve, but not sure about short game.

Cordially,
    Chris

If you use something like the pelz clock system it immensely helps short game through repetion, and seeing your carry yardage. Granted it won't help with different lies.

Comment

Thanks, that does make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by gerlt View Post
        Thanks, that does make sense.
        Don't listen to me though, I'm a terrible hack.😂

Comment

#1 for me is being able to hit a metric-shit-ton of balls. I hit over 36k balls last year.... Building that muscle memory is insanely valuable. I am a WAY more consistent ball striker now in terms of quality of strike. Finding the middle of the face with a downward strike is something that just takes hitting a TON of balls to master.

#2 Knowing my distances and tendencies is amazing information to take to the course. I know I carry my 7 iron 180, its a fact. It's not because I hit it 180 1 time a couple rounds ago, its because I see it on the launch monitor.

#3 I live up in Michigan so being able to hit balls constantly through the winter(october-march) is amazing. I come out of the winter with 0 rust(maybe just FEEL for chipping/putting) while my friends take several rounds to get their swing back.

To your point about the short game, I'd argue that having a LM benefits short game the most because you can practice locking in 30-100 yards with your scoring clubs. I can hit my 60 degree 100 yards or I can hit it 30, same with my pitching wedge.

I am the only one of my friends that has a LM and I went from the worst golfer of the group to by far the best golfer of the group in 2 years.

Comment

• Supraracer
            Supraracer commented
            Editing a comment
            Ditto this. I just started to really get a routine. I haven't hit that many balls as you, but I went from the worst golfer in my group to one of the better ball strikers. (I do play with some hacks since misery loves company)For me, it was being able to try different things and watching my recorded swing. I am still a high handicapper but I feel so much better at the ball. I still have a lot of work to do but I now know how and what to work on. My distances are changing with the better ball striking so I am a little messed up there. Like you winter is painful in PA. I went from shooting an honest 110 -114 to 92. Even broke into 80's a few times. Got my Sim in August 2018. I even joined a country club.

Very helpful. I have a USGA index of 20.3 currently, but usually play to an 18-19. Have never been able to practice much, and play in competitive (rules following) inner club tournaments at my local club 1-3 times a month based on other stuff going on...I really have a desire to practice more, but its tough getting out on a real course and the range is useful, but I find it hard for a couple of reasons - 1 being weather dependent, 2 never really knowing distance of current strike (even with a range finder).

I am in New England and have the same weather issues / off season.

Comment

Hello all. I'm looking for information on what type of sim to purchase, any comments will be appreciated. I am leaning toward the Skytrak, however I am not sold as yet. As with most, cost is a factor but not the most important. I am not focused on launch angles or spin rates, this will actually be used to help my wife and her lady friends improve their games. They are all beginners and we live in Abu Dhabi, where playing in the summer is just misery due to the heat and humidity. We will also use it for entertainment purposes with our friends during the long hot summers. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X