Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Garage Build

Hi,

I am looking to convert my single car garage into a golf simulator and was looking for some advice. Size of the garage is as follows: 8ft wide, 18ft long and 8ft high

Are there any people from the UK on here who have done the same? Is it doable in that space? Anything to watch out for?

Couple of questions I have:

Launch monitor: I am looking to use the space more for practice rather than playing courses, but would like all the information you get from top tracer for example. I know Skytrak is probably the best option for this, but are there others out there that do the same but better value?

Projector: Is there anything to particularly look out for here? I would also like the option to connect to Sky Go to watch sport on too.

Screen: I would ideally like the screen to be retractable as planning on having storage behind the screen. If I can’t get a retractable screen, any ideas on how to make a DIY retractable screen?

Appreciate these questions have probably been asked by Brits before on here, so please feel free to point me in the direction of those threads too.

Thanks,

Nathan

I’ve converted my garage in the uk to a sim,8ft ceilings will be no where high enough to swing your woods,I had to higher my garage roof also my garage width is 3.4m wide and I’m still off centered roughly 1/2 meter to the right which Will probably put your hitting area not far off your other wall,if your happy hitting just irons then you’ll probably be ok depends what you want out of it

Comment

It's quite narrow and not very high. You will be very close to the wall when hitting and because your so offset, it may bring a projector into your backswing. Not many options for better value than the skytrak. You could mount a screen/net on a rod and just slide it back and forth when needed. I've done this in the past and it works pretty well.

Comment

I got 4.5 meter width and that's just enough to tee off centered. 2.9m height is min. For me to swing a driver. I measured it once and am 1.82.

Comment

Mine is a double garage... but you’ll get the idea.
          Have a look at the link in there to my previous ‘home made’ retractable one too!
          I’ve been golfing in my garage for a little over 4 and a half years. In this time I’ve been continually evolving my setup - with this being the third “restart”. I have 2 other build threads kicking about on this site. My V2 build thread can be found here: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/build-your

Comment

My garage is about 8ft wide, depending on your swing the Skytrak would need to be very close to the right wall meaning you’d be offset by quite a margin, it really depends on your swing as to what length of club you would be able to hit, I’m 5ft 9” with a fairly flat swing and I can hit all clubs in my similarly sized garage.. best thing would be to take your clubs in there and do some swings to get a feel for it.

Give Phil at www.hybridme.co.uk a shout, he sells Skytraks and other golf sim bits, I bought the t35 mat and my golf screen for him and was very impressed with both..
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys...really helpful!

I can swing my irons in there but not the driver...will have to have a good think about whether it will be worth it.

Thanks,

Nathan

Comment

Working...
              X