Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @kchogan (NET) and @Wizard of Coz (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier!

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - Sanderson Farms Championship with 2 rounds at Pine Valley ProTee Blue Tees by Craig118 : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...gc-in-the-name
See more
See less

suggestion for turf between fiberbuilt hitting mat and impact screen.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestion for turf between fiberbuilt hitting mat and impact screen.

I am very excited to get my sim set up in the garage next week. I went with a 4x8 Fiberbuilt hitting mat. Foresight will be doing the install. I know, I spent way too much money for that service, but thought it would be a smart thing to do if problems arise. So lo and behold I have a problem.... They really do not have recommendations for the turf between the hitting mat and impact screen. I am puzzled by this. Since it is on cement, I simply want to putt to the screen on a mat the would be equal to the Fiberbuilt height. The installer said "what a lot of people do is get a heavy ply carpet and since the Foresight Quad will read the putt from the hitting mat and the surface is not important." Been looking for a 6 foot by 12 feet wide turf. Thought it would be easy....but can't seem to determine what would look and feel best. Love this forum. Helped with all the decisions that went into the golf sim room in garage. Thanks for any suggestions!

U could have fiberbuilt custom make u a putting green that will fill the gap between your hitting mat and the screen. That's what I have

Comment

• J111s
      J111s commented
      Editing a comment
      Great suggestion.....just ordered it! A bit pricey, but it won't disappoint. Thank you!!!

If you have any synlawn distributors in your area call them up and ask if they have any remnants available. Most the rolls come like 12 or 15 ft wide so they may have something like a 6x12 or 15 piece left over from another job.
    I grabbed a 8x 12 piece of precision chip for like 100 bucks. Worth a shot rather than paying 900 bucks for a fiberbuilt piece or something of that quality at that size.

Comment

• J111s
      J111s commented
      Editing a comment
      Great suggestion....pulled the trigger earlier with a Fiberbuilt. Wish I came to the forum sooner. It would have saved me some money. This forum is such a great resource. Thanks Jwheels9876

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't go wrong with fiberbuilt, they're just a bit pricey. Good luck with the new build, be prepared to have aches and pains you'd never knew could exist from playing too much golf

What is a good more affordable hitting mat?

Comment

Working...
    X