Opinions please !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions please !

Hi guys, I’m new to the forum. I live in CT so our season is winding down and I decided to build a sim in my garage. Originally I purchased a skytrak from my club because they bought a TM 4. It was good but I really wanted swing path and a few more numbers than the skytrak had so I bought an es16 off eBay. I then saw all the negative reviews on here about the es16. Soooo, I just made an offer for a trackman 3e for 8k and it was accepted . Is the trackman the right move ? I see you guys the the gc2. I was looking at those too but when adding the HMT it goes over 10k. I don’t know what to do. Or do I keep the 16 and use it? My garage is insulated and heated and stays warm so cold shouldn’t effect the unit I use. Not
    much sunlight either.

Had you not bought the other 3 you would have yourself gc2/hmt.
    I personally wouldn't have bought ernest/trackman3. Just my opinion.

Comment

Thanks for your response wiz. I didn’t buy the trackman yet and made a profit on the skytrak so I should be able to come out unscathed . My plan is to list the es16 and then make a more educated purchase . The gc2 only gets you path numbers with the HMT correct ?

Comment

Have you looked at Uneekor? https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...es/uneekor-qed

Originally posted by Adamv444 View Post
        Thanks for your response wiz. I didn’t buy the trackman yet and made a profit on the skytrak so I should be able to come out unscathed . My plan is to list the es16 and then make a more educated purchase . The gc2 only gets you path numbers with the HMT correct ?
        --
        What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Comment

Make sure you have enough space for the trackman, radar units usually need quite a bit more than camera based units.

Comment

TM3 is amazing but not great in a tight area. If you have 12-14 feet to the screen you’ll love it. If you don’t oh boy.
            My Courses:
            World Par 3's by mthunt
            Toronto GC (L) mthunt
            Burlington G&CC by mthunt
            Weston G&CC by mthunt
            London Hunt Club L mthunt
            Park CC Lidar mthunt
            Sunningdale GC Robinson L
            Sunningdale GC Thompson L
            Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
            Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
            The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
            The National GC L mthunt
            Mississaugua GC L mthunt
            Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
            Markland Woods CC mthunt
            Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
            Magna GC L mthunt
            Barrie CC L mthunt
            mthunt Range

Comment

I have plenty of space from screen to monitor . ( up
              to 20’) I just got a text from my local trackman rep and he said the 3e isn’t compatible with their current virtual golf software ... The uneeker Looks very cool too. Has anyone bought one yet? I’m hoping to get what I paid for the e16 (2k) and toss it toward whatever I get .

Comment

• Putt-For-Doe
                Putt-For-Doe commented
                Editing a comment
                I just sent my wir for the Uneekor to Doug today. I should have it Monday.

Strike that, he just replied again and said it will work with e6 but putting and chipping won’t work. Lol, seems a little lame . I’m not really buying a unit to use it outside , I want something to work on my swing over the winter while playing some courses . Don’t get me wrong , I would probably bring it outside on the range if able to but it’s not my priority . I was also looking at the 20/20 but not sure if it does what it claims . Basically I have no idea the route I should go . 😔

Comment

I have the QED Uneekor and am very happy with it, I had the GC2/HMT and most likely would have not switched if I didn't think I was going to have to switch to left-handed play, that being said I am very happy I went to the Uneekor and am very glad I got it. I had an ES-16 it was the biggest mistake I made would not recommend buying one, and I would not trust the ES 20/20 to preform anywhere near what is claimed, I saw one listed on ebay a little while back with a starting bid of $5000.00 and nobody bid on it that I saw. I would recommend the Uneekor or the GC2 and HMT, but after using both I myself prefer the Uneekor.

Comment

I also have the Uneekor and the Gc2 , so my Opinion is is if you plan on using it yourself and don’t need to switch it from left to right a good used Gc2 might be a better option. If you want left and righty’s playing on your sim then uneekor is the way to go! The Gc2 seems more accurate but the uneekor isn’t to far off but can throw some off numbers when I test them against each other. Also make sure you have enough sim bay width if you choose the uneekor.

Comment

Width is where I’m a little challenged . I only have 10’. Also, thank you for all the replies y’all , it’s super helpful . Trackman rep kept texting me last night and said “since your a member at fox I can do a deal on a TM4” I think he’s blowing smoke but let’s see. As of now he says 19,375 for indoor unit. If I put 10 down I have one year to pay it off. He had/has me thinking about it but I keep telling myself that it’s a bit much . He also said he would give me 1,000 for my es16 on trade lol.

Comment

A 10' width is not going to allow L and R hand play without moving the hardware back and forth. Not sure if that's a requirement for you.
                      Originally posted by Adamv444 View Post
                      Width is where I’m a little challenged . I only have 10’. Also, thank you for all the replies y’all , it’s super helpful . Trackman rep kept texting me last night and said “since your a member at fox I can do a deal on a TM4” I think he’s blowing smoke but let’s see. As of now he says 19,375 for indoor unit. If I put 10 down I have one year to pay it off. He had/has me thinking about it but I keep telling myself that it’s a bit much . He also said he would give me 1,000 for my es16 on trade lol.

Comment

Thanks for all the input y’all ! I don’t have any lefties in my group and pretty sure uneekor is the route I’m gonna go. I jyy it it got off the phone with them and if I cheat the unit to the right a bit I’ll be good to go. The plan is to order it up tomorrow and will post some pics when finished . Did anyone get the premier course package they offer ?

Comment

Adam I ordered mine yesterday and Doug said mine was one of the eight shipped out today. He said it should be here on monday. Did you post pics of your build yet.
                          Hit em Straight Boys
                          Putt-4-Doe

Comment

Hey putt, I did not. I just wrote that last post tonight and will hopefully order tomorrow. The space in my garage is just under 10’w 11’ deep and 10’ tall and need to get confirmation that it’ll work with a little shimmying around.

Comment

Working...
                            X