First time garage simulator build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time garage simulator build

This is my first garage simulator build and I would appreciate and input you can give me. I have reviewed the Golf Simulator Forum multiple times and appreciate everyones expertise. I will list the materials/companies that I am considering at this time. My garage dimensions are 9 ft. high, 11 ft. wide and 16 ft. long. (The 9 ft. height works fine for me.)

1. Carl's Place Premium Golf Simulator Kit with Impact Screen. (includes the frame, impact screen, and a 10 ft. black nylon enclose) I sent an email to the company concerning the dimensions of the screen. Their product will be attached to the frame using bungee cords and they suggested " I would suggest you also consider: buy more height, and drape the bottom edge." He said that this would allows the golf balls to roll back to the person striking the ball.What do you about Carl's Place materials and draping the screen at the bottom?

2. Optoma Short Throw 3D 1080p Projector - Purchase through Rain or Shine Golf

3. Fiberbuilt Mat (4 x 9) - Purchase through Rain or Shine Golf

4, SkyTrak Golf Simulator - Purchase through Rain or Shine Golf

5. Skytrak Protective Case - Purchase through Rain or Shine Golf

6. SkyTrak Game Improvement Plan - Purchase through Rain or Shine Golf

6. TGC 2019 software (One time payment) - Purchase through Rain or Shine Golf

7. Golf Simulator Projector Floor Mount Enclosure - Purchase through Rain or Shine Golf (Are their any Pro's or Con's with Floor Mount Enclosures?)

8. Extra Landing Pad 5 x 10 - Purchase through Rain or Shine Golf (This Landing Pad mat is $299.00 and I was wondering if their was a less expensive option that will do the same job?)

I know this is a lot to consider but I appreciate any suggestions or reinforcement for items that would work well!

Thanks!

So with only 11' wide, you are going to be hitting offset from the middle of the screen. Is it the Optoma GT1080? I will assume it is. The projector has a very large image offset, meaning the top of the image is going to be quite a bit below the center of the lens and vice versa if you mount it on the ground. Go to projector central to see the offset based on the image size you want. See below for distances, image offset and image size. 10' width is probably the max image you can get, more than likely it will be a little less. If you mount it to the ceiling, it may be in harms way on the follow through.

16:9 ratio gives you an image width of 120" x 68" high and image offset of 11" and projector mounted 5' from the screen.
    4:3 ratio gives you an image width of 120" x 90" high and image offset of 14" and projector mounted 6'8" from the screen. This would fill more of your screen.
    Keep in mind this projector has no zoom so placement is critical.

If you go with this projector, it may be better to put it on the floor since you wont' be hitting over the top of it. But you still would want to protect it somehow from balls bouncing back and you have the cord issue as well being on the ground.

You will probably end up hitting 7.5' away from the screen and the wall behind you, opposite of the screen. Make sure you can swing comfortably in that space.

Comment

Working...
    X