Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Monovision (GROSS) and @Joe_S (NET) winning the TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Rocket Mortgage Classic!

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - John Deere Classic with 2 rounds at Banff Springs (Pro Tee): https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...-deere-classic
See more
See less

Simulator data points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simulator data points

I have a par 3 pro just picked it up I am getting swing info that is out to in about 8 degrees and face closed 4 or 5 degrees every shot is going right of the target.
    when on the course I hit a fade at best slice to the left would be my miss not many that would go right. Is that data sound correct is there a place I could read about the data I am looking at?

Club 8 degrees out to in, and face 4 degrees closed result in a ball that starts left of target and fades to the right. (Right handed golfer).

is this what is happening?

Comment

• 3on3putt
      3on3putt commented
      Editing a comment
      Out to in (over the top) with a closed face would be a pull hook. Over the top with an open face would be a fade/slice.
      Last edited by 3on3putt; 06-29-2020, 02:23 PM.

No, I am Left-handed using a 7 iron i have shared a picture of the saved swing data

Comment

If you're swinging over the top with a closed face at impact, the ball is going exactly where the data says it should (a pull hook). If your normal ball flight on the course is a fade/slice, you're likely coming over the top with an open face at impact (wiping across it). So the swing planes are likely similar, the only difference is the club face position at impact.

Comment

• Stetson
        Stetson commented
        Editing a comment
        I am sorry but I disagree. If the face is open relative to path the ball wouldn’t hook it would fade.

• 3on3putt
        3on3putt commented
        Editing a comment
        Correct. Closed face combined with a closed swing path = pull hook. Open face combined with a closed swing path = pull slice.

He is a lefty and is getting data that says he's swinging from out to in (which is over the top, or a "closed" path) along with a closed face. So the ball flight he is seeing (pull hook) is correct for the given data. Swing path is starting the ball right and the shut face is sending it even more right with hook spin.

If the face is open relative to the path, then yes, that ball should try to come back a bit. So you are correct in that regard. I didn't open the data file he posted but it sounded like he was describing a closed path with a closed face.
        Last edited by 3on3putt; 06-29-2020, 04:45 PM.

• Stetson
        Stetson commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes a closed path and closed face. But the face was open in relation to the path, even though it was closed relative to the target.

Is the face closed to the target or the path?

For LH Player

If it's closed to the target, ball would start right of the target and fade back towards the target. Pull fade

If the face is closed to the path, the ball would start right of the target and continue to move away from the target (Draw for LH). Pull Draw/Hook

Comment

ok so i will keep testing but is their a place I could read about all this info Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lefty View Post
          ok so i will keep testing but is their a place I could read about all this info Thanks for your help
          I am well-versed in the subtle art of the hook. Happens to be my specialty. It's a gift.

This is a good resource. There's even a tab near the top for "lefties" which you might find helpful.

https://golf-info-guide.com/golf-tip...20pull%20hook.

Comment

Thanks for the information very helpful surprised that a few degrees make such a huge effect on ball flight

Comment

Working...
            X