Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @orkie (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - WGC-FedEx St. Jude!

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - PGA Championship Tournament with 3 rounds at Pine Valley (Protee Blue Tees): https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...hip#post281617
See more
See less

Current ST user looking for input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current ST user looking for input

Hi everyone. This may be long but that's why I'm here.

I'm a 12 HCP golfer on the drop that likes to work on my game all winter. I have owned a ST for about 2 years. I like it for what I use it for but its limited (which may be my fault). I essentially have used it as a digital driving range and used what information it has (face open/close, carry, spin, optimizer, etc). I used to use it through my galaxy tab s3 but honestly its terrible when paired with that. I have a MacBook PC so obviously it doesn't connect there so I end up using my iPhone 11 which stays direct connected much better but is obviously a small screen.

I feel like ST misses a decent amount of shots, especially outside and I don't like the lag.

I'd like to get more out of my set up. I'd like some courses and range games. I'm a data guy so the more data points about my swing the better. My oldest is now 7 and a golfer however he's a left and I'm a righty and I hate having to switch it around. I'd like us to be able to play courses as he gets older.

So, I'm looking for advice on whether to just buy better supporting hardware and software for the ST or change to a totally different setup.

My club has a GC2 with HMT so I'm familiar with that. Obviously big price difference which is fine but I'm not familiar with the surrounding hardware needed and software package prices.

I have a buddy that has a FS Xi that he loves so I'm interested in that. I need to head over and try it.

I have another buddy that coaches that has a FS X3 which seems amazing but definitely a big price.

I've read about the Meevo+ but not sure what makes it so much better than my current ST.

The GCQuad is interesting but I don't know a ton about it.

I'd just love to hear some general input, pros and cons, total prices, subscription costs, annual fees, etc.

Thank you for any help.

Lefty/Righty setup with ease of use you're looking at an overhead camera (Uneekor $6k-$10k or GC Hawk $20k) or a radar unit behind the golfers (Flightscope/Trackman)

Depending on your setup indoor or outdoor, permanent or portable, you might have limited options. Radar units can have interference from surrounding metal/fans/lighting. Overhead cameras are indoor and permanent setups

Comment

If it were me, I would just flip the unit back and forth. I am a lefty and my son is a righty and we could do that technically, but I haven't really been able to get him into golf yet (started a bit late as he is 18 now). I am really envious to be able to get your son involved in golf at such an early age (especially in this age of launch monitors).

I would put the unit in the FMJ with the feet set and have it marked where it is perfectly aligned for each side and then flip it back and forth. If you keep it unplugged during the times that you both play, I wouldn't think it would be that much of a hassle. If that is a hassle, for the difference in price in some of the other units, it seems that it may be cheaper just to buy a separate ST unit for your son and then add gaming PC/laptop. I guess it does depend a lot on your setup and space. I am sure that you and your son would both really enjoy playing sim games together and would highly recommend TGC 2019

Comment

If you want a better righty/lefty situation and better outdoor ability while not breaking the bank, probably mevo+ is your best option. They're about the same cost as a skytrak. Pair it up with tgc2019 and you're all set as far as courses.

Comment

Originally posted by DS12 View Post
          Lefty/Righty setup with ease of use you're looking at an overhead camera (Uneekor $6k-$10k or GC Hawk $20k) or a radar unit behind the golfers (Flightscope/Trackman)

Depending on your setup indoor or outdoor, permanent or portable, you might have limited options. Radar units can have interference from surrounding metal/fans/lighting. Overhead cameras are indoor and permanent setups
          Would I need to flip anything with a flight scope xi or x3 since they just sit behind the golfer?

Comment

• DS12
            DS12 commented
            Editing a comment
            No, once set up no change needed, but the Xi and X3 are significantly higher priced than the Mevo+
        Working...
        X