Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on mounting screen...what to mount bungees too? Please help/advise

All...I could use your feedback.

I'm almost done with setting up my simulator buildout...finishing the floor now then going to mount the screen. As you can see, the room is 141" across and my screen is 135" wide (Carl's Premium Screen with finished edges with Grommets). I'll be using Carls's 2" bungees...

I was thinking to to build a thin frame w wood around the top and side of the screen than use eyelet screws to affix the bungees too.

I ordered the screen longer so it wrapped back and I was going to put sandbags on the screen to put pressure on the screen and to catch and "worm-burners"

Any thoughts on what might work better than a wood frame and eyelets? Want to exhaust all options first...

Thanks!

You could mount slotted angle iron to walls and ceiling

Comment

• wizwiz75
      wizwiz75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks...that is what I was trying to track down but not sure what it was called

Be careful to avoid mounting anything that a ball might hit and come back at you! I have spent many hours and $ fixing my setup because I didn’t think ahead!

Comment

I used angle iron and I wouldn't do it again for two reasons - 1) Bungees break frequently. I have my screen mounted quite loose yet the sharp edges of the angle iron cut through the bungee cord. 2) The mounting points are fixed and you can't move them along the length of the angle iron without detaching and re-attaching.

If I did this again, I would mount EMT pipe to the enclosure frame using pipe standoffs.

Comment

Are you going to need access to behind screen? If so how often?

Comment

How high is the screen, distance you will hit from, will you be doing any ceiling or sides wall protection? These inputs might help inform ideal solution.

Comment

Your room looks a lot like mine and has very similar width dimensions. I built my enclosure using EMT and left space on both sides and behind so I can get back there to hang netting / moving blankets / etc to cut down on noise and rebound. I also used 6" ball bungees just like you showed. Those things behind the screen do wear out so it is good to leave room for access. You can see my build here: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...imulator-build

Comment

Working...
            X