Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your 2 cents - Mevo+ vs GC2

Hi,

New to board and have been reviewing. Read post on reviews on Mevo+ and your experience. Good stuff.

I'm in process of setting up a budget sim in my garage within the next couple of weeks. I was about to pull the trigger on the Mevo+ for my first launch monitor.

I was offered a GC2 unit (2017 i believe) and PC tower with TGC loaded on it. The package was offered to me for 5k.

Any veterans out there have an opinion if the GC2 package is worth the extra money vs the mevo+?

My bay will be 12 x 12, 10' ceiling. Have plenty of space behind for the 8' for the mevo.

Thank you in advance.

I had the Mevo+ from about May 2020 until mid October 2021 until I upgraded to a GC2. I've been playing TGC2019 95% of the time, every once and a while I played E6 but I didn't love it so didn't play it much at all.

First of all, your space sounds way to small for a Mevo+. For best results you need at least 18' feet of distance. If you put the Mevo+ 8' behind the ball you only have 4' of ball flight. I don't think that will work. Also, that offer you have is a pretty smokin' deal. I'm sure you've done the cost comparison but that will be cheaper than a Mevo+ plus if you have to buy a PC and TGC2019.

My thoughts are the Mevo+ is a really solid unit, for the most part. I found a lot of things others did with regards to spin. Driver was too high and sometimes irons were too low. Chipping and putting were fairly solid but it was a lot of pain and frustration getting it all to work consistently. I had buddies come over and it would not read their putts. I could always get it to read my putts, though. Weird.

That said, I absolutely love the GC2. Spin seems to be dead on and the unit itself seems to be super accurate. Driver spin is better and putting is much, much better. I have full confidence with every shot that it's going to read accurately and the unit is devoid of no-reads, so far. The upgrade cost me $3,000 and I don't regret it. It's just another level, IMO.

Comment

• bubbtubbs
      bubbtubbs commented
      Editing a comment
      The wording suggests the actual hitting bay is 12x12 but there is space behind the hitting area that is available.

If LH-RH play isn't a big deal, you're intending to use TGC over the included iOS E6 and you're not going to be using the setup at the range, I'd keep the GC2 for now. We don't know how well fusion tracking or any of the extra D-plane features on the Mevo+ work indoors yet and the ball data of the GC2 is definitely better (though by a small margin) than Mevo+ at its best.

All of this depends on whether your budget is fine with the extra $1600 of that package over a new M+, gaming rig and TGC license, though.

Comment

Thank you that's a great info.

I was referring to just the bay being 12x`12. then would have the 8' additional (just a strip or stand) for total of 20'.

One other question, if I could. The package for GC2, comes with TGC although not with the Foresight software (asking to add 2500 to cost). Was told that the range in TGC doesn't provide any data points, only shot shape on screen? 2500 seems bit step for range access. Am I missing something?

Comment

I just look at the GC2 screen after each shot to get my numbers. You can also have the shot info in TGC display after every shot. Unfortunately, neither approach aggregates the data. I haven’t convinced myself that seeing averages is worth the high cost of Foresight’s range software.

Comment

I would grab that GC2 provided it is well cared for and in good shape.

Comment

No comparison for me. GC2 all day every day.

Comment

If u want accurate spin axis, which determines the ball flight curvature(EXTREMELY important imo), radar just simply can't do it accurately.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your input. Going to go with the GC2 setup!

Comment

Working...
                X