Is hitting platform bad idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is hitting platform bad idea?

I'm converting a media room (11.5' W x 15.5'D x 11'H). The room is split in half, with the rear about 6" higher than the front. Ceilings are 11' tall and i can swing club on elevated platform. I would like to keep it because i could make it a putting area and cut holes in it, but will this negatively affect GC2 playability? Planning on playing TGC. Any feedback appreciated. Thank you.

I'm curious to what others' answers are. I would think long as the bottom projected image is level with the platform you'd be fine. Don't know if it would affect the actual reading of GC2 itself.

I want to build a platform like the one you have except put the projector on the floor underneath like a Terra Shield and cut holes towards the back for putting.

Comment

• Scottnorm
      Scottnorm commented
      Editing a comment
      Great idea on projector --- i'm gonna look into that!

Pretty sure all the protee's require a platform and alot of guys go to Gc2s after protees. I can't think of any problems it would cause at all. GC2 works outside, inside, etc. Should be just fine.

Comment

Why would a section in front of the gc2 being lowered affect gc2 performace? As long as your gc2 is level with your hitting surface, you could be hitting off of the edge of a cliff for all it cares. I too think it would actually be a preferred setup, if for nothing else not having balls rolling all the way back to your stance mat that get in your field of vision during the next shot.

Comment

• Scottnorm
        Scottnorm commented
        Editing a comment
        Great! Thanks! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything.
    Working...
    X