New Garage Build -- Looking for feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Garage Build -- Looking for feedback

The plan as of now is in the images below. Have the front, top, and side views. Plan on using heavy cast iron rods and 4 6lb plate weights to hold the net down. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Main question -- do I want the tarp in front of the net or the net in front of the tarp?
    Last edited by SimDivots; 03-09-2018, 02:24 PM.

are you planning on projecting a image onto the screen? if so having the net angled like that might cause issues with getting a square looking picture...

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyseb View Post
      are you planning on projecting a image onto the screen? if so having the net angled like that might cause issues with getting a square looking picture...
      For now I do not plan on projecting anything. I figure if I decide to go that route in the future I will go all in and buy an impact screen and that should do the trick.

Comment

• bwood301
        bwood301 commented
        Editing a comment
        Most projectors have a "keystone" function to compensate for projection angles.

I used tubing insulation around 3/4" EMT in case the ball hits the frame. EMT is a lot lighter than iron. The insulation foam is slit horizontally so you can fit it on after you install the net. I tilted mine slightly forward to help deflect the ball down. You may want to leave a small amount of slack in the net to dampen the impact.

So if I understand your sketches, you're just simply going to hit off a mat into the net? What's the tarp for?

Rather than some elaborate rig, why not just set up one of there: https://www.sklz.com/golf/quickster-.../8QKS-000.html

I've got one set up in my office... it's close enough to the golfer to where it's pretty tough to pitch over the top of the net.

Comment

• SimDivots
        SimDivots commented
        Editing a comment
        The reason I didn't just go with a standard net like that one is that I want to be able to fold up the net so that I can still park in the garage and then not have to move some big unit somewhere or break it down.

I got the tarp as it was recommended in other posts to help the longevity of the net.

That SKLZ net breaks down and fits into a carrying bag that's about 3 feet long in about 2 minutes. Takes about that long to set up too... it's only 3 separate pieces and only goes together one way.

Comment

Working...
      X