• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home theater build

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	166286 In the process of making a home theater build. Screen is direct from the Mill. 15 x 10. Using EMT and fittings from Tarps.com

Bought some of the trailer bunk carpeting for trim around the screen here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I need sides for the screen. I got a quote from Chicago canvas. The ceilings in the room are 11.5 and the black out canvas with ceiling tracks and 8 foot length is about 175 a piece. Trying to figure out another solution. I need protection for the door to the left and there is another door to the right. Does the Chicago canvas look professional?

https://www.chicagocanvas.com/produc...do-cloth-16oz/

looking at the commando cloth.
    Last edited by bkh8; 09-27-2018, 01:46 AM.

Name:	
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	166282 Also need a solution for extra backing for the screen. I have 3 speakers behind the screen and the screen has a lot of movement. I haven’t tried hitting against it yet. This is what it looks like behind it. Not sure why its rotated like that when I upload it. But there are three speakers behind it that I need protect somehow. I have heard several people hang blankets.. does that cause the emt to sag?

Comment

Name:	
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	166284 The last thing I need to do is protect the ceiling. Also not sure what would be best there. I have several lights in the way. I am thinking I could remove the bulbs and maybe make some sort of baffle that extends on an angle from the top of the emt to the ceiling. It needs to look nice though.

Comment

Comment

I moved the sim into another room. This works much better. Not real happy with my tv mount as the shelf for the laptop is too low

Comment

What kinda of TV stand is that?

Comment

For sides and a top I used a 10x30 foot truck tarp.

Weathermaster TT1224 Black Truck Tarp https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000IJRPCO..._WYloCbEQN2A09

It looks decent and works great. Protects my ceiling well for may 60 degree shots. It also has built in loops so it was easy to attach. For baffles I got some ripstop nylon fabric and used construction glue to attach a couple 1’ wide strips across the the ceiling tarp. Protects from a ball hitting that top crossbar and shooting back at you. I just let them hang.

Ottertex® Waterproof 70D (1.9oz) PU Coated Nylon Ripstop fabric is a durable & lightweight fabric that is waterproof. Shop this fabric by the yard & roll today!

Comment

Working...
              X