Finally Starting My Garage Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Starting My Garage Build

After several months of planning, I am finally starting my garage build. The single-car garage measures 13'5" wide by 19' long. The walls are 8' high but the vaulted ceiling goes up to 12'. We are doing the prep-work in the next few days including removing the garage door tracks and shelves attached to the wall, elevating the cross beam from 8' high up to 9'6", and insulating the walls. I'm attaching some before-photos and the tentative floor plan. I will post more as we make more progress. Wish me luck!

Looks like a great space! Good luck with the build, looking forward to seeing the end result

Comment

Thanks, Sim-dreamer. Today, we moved the cross beams up to 9'6", installed thermo windows, insulated the walls and ceiling, and ran most of electrical and HDMI cables.

Comment

It will be nice when it's done! Keep the pics coming as you build it out.

Comment

Hey Tron, what a great space for a sim, and at the rate you're going with the work, you'll be done in no time! Good luck!

Comment

Thanks, Mayassa and Gnomike. Got a lot of the drywall done today.

Comment

Finally finished the drywall and wiring. Next week will be the heat pump/AC and the flooring.

Comment

very nice so far, looks much better than my build in a standard sized single UK garage. Im now fighting the UK winter nights and trying to keep the place warm. looks like you wont be having that problem.

Comment

Thanks, Ozmodion. Winter in the midwest can be pretty brutal which is why I went with the 12000 BTU heat pump/AC.

Comment

Started on the wood floor today.

Comment

Got the mini-split heat pump/ac installed.

Comment

tron Where are you located? What mini split did you go with? Do you know what operating temperature it's rated for? I'm considering upgrading to one of these for my garage, but finding one that is effective at colder temps has been difficult to find.

Comment

wbond I'm located in Chicago suburbs. I went with a Pioneer WYS012-17 Air Conditioner Inverter+ Ductless Wall Mount Mini Split System Air Conditioner & Heat Pump Full Set, 12000 BTU 115V.

Also, got the wall lights and green turf installed today.

Comment

The impact screen is finally up. I'm looking for suggestions from this group on how best to cover up the top and sides of the screen to prevent errand balls hitting the metal tube and angle iron.

Comment

• dack
                              dack commented
                              Editing a comment
                              How is the screen attached to the angle iron and top tube?

• tron
                              tron commented
                              Editing a comment
                              6” bungee cords.

• bigrognz
                              bigrognz commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Hi Could you please share the dimensions of your enclosure and your impact screen please.

I'm going to be putting up my new screen this Winter so I'd like to hear what people say.

is your screen held a the top with tarp clips or are there grommets??? And, whichever way it's hug, how long are your bungles?

I'm assuming you used EMT pipe. How is it connected and how is it held in place?

Comment

Working...
                            X