Finished Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Build

I just finished my build and wanted to thank everyone that contributes to this fantastic forum. I read EVERY post and learned a ton about best practices and tried to implement as many ideas as possible. Some highlights of my build:

- 13 x 14 x 9 foot room in the basement
    - SkyTrak technology
    - Carl's Place Premium screen (I highly recommend them and this particular screen) with EMT frame
    - Country Club Elite mat
    - Partially closed and carpeted ceiling next to the screen, painted the remaining unfinished ceiling flat black
    - BenQ MW632ST projector
    - Carpeted walls for the most part

I'm happy to answer any additional questions you have and thanks again.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JDG; 01-20-2019, 06:43 AM.

Nice setup, i had to copy your images to desktop to view them better here. the two middle photos have some type of glare to them, you may want to replace those photos with some others ones that don't have that glare to them. But anyways, nice looking setup and great job on the setup!

Comment

Looks good! Is this a cage or just the frame? I’m trying to figure out how to make an enclosure for the sides of my cage and for the top to darken and improve the aesthetics. What did you do if you do have a cage and how did you hold in place?

Comment

• JDG
        JDG commented
        Editing a comment
        I have an EMT cage with a 12 inch gap, basically the distance when you put the frame joints together. I secured the frame to the wall with a single fitting. Since the frame is sized wall-to-wall, that is sufficient to keep it in place. On the sides I built a wood frame with a 1/4" plywood covering and then covered that with carpet. On the top, I secured two 1/4" plywood sheets to the ceiling, covering the four feet in front of the cage. I covered those in carpet as well.

Looking very nice and cleanly done, great work!

Comment

• JDG
        JDG commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you.

Thanks for the detailed explanation and guidance! Looks super clean. Do you have any pics of the side panel during daylight? The pics look dark. Would be great to just get more clarity with additional pics. Thx!

Comment

• JDG
        JDG commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I added four more photos above. The right right side wall is carpeted front to back. In one of those pics you can see that I painted the unfinished ceiling. Not an easy task even with a sprayer but well worth it. On the left side, I framed and carpeted eight feet next to the screen. The rest of that wall and the back wall were concrete and I simply painted them for aesthetics. It seems very dark but it really is light in the room and the black helps with projection.

Looks great!

Comment

• JDG
        JDG commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you.

Nice looking room.
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

• JDG
        JDG commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you.

congrats on your build, looks great. Do you have any impact material behind the projection screen? what type of rebound are you experiencing? thank you in advance.

Comment

• JDG
        JDG commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I added some thin foam and two moving blankets behind the screen but frankly, I think the screen is doing most of the work. Bounce back is very limited. The balls roll back and rest 3-4 feet from the screen.
    Working...
    X