Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New indoor sim build

Hello all,

I'm building a new house in Australia and I'm basically building the house around the golf room. Foresight are local here and I've got a quote from them to install a GC Hawk. I'm a leftie and mates are righties so I want the Hawk because it mounts on the roof and I won't have to move the unit around like a GC quad for example.

My question is, is there any other brands/models I should be looking at? From what I've read Trackman isn't as good for indoors? Being in Australia my options are probably limited compared to the US/Europe.

Room size will 4.6m x 7m/15ft x 23ft. Quote is $65kAUD which is in my budget, I don't want to go much more than that.

Thanks

The hawk is looking promising. They are installing them in the golf stores here and they work well. However, if I were you, I’d seriously look at Trackman. My buddies club has Trackman 4 in a indoor sim and I find it very accurate. The difference between camera and radar is how far they need to get good readings. The hawk only needs a few feet and Trackman needs more. The more the better. If you go 12-14 feet ball to screen and 7-8 feet Trackman to ball you’ll find the Trackman readings are mind blowing. Add to the fact you can take it to the range.

There’s three issues with the Hawk. Right now you are stuck only using their expensive software. Second, you can’t take it to the range. Lastly, if the club tracking works it’ll need club stickers. I hate them.

For the Trackman, you need more room for accurate readings and you can use Perfect Golf or TGC2019.
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Coight View Post
      Hello all,

I'm building a new house in Australia and I'm basically building the house around the golf room. Foresight are local here and I've got a quote from them to install a GC Hawk. I'm a leftie and mates are righties so I want the Hawk because it mounts on the roof and I won't have to move the unit around like a GC quad for example.

My question is, is there any other brands/models I should be looking at? From what I've read Trackman isn't as good for indoors? Being in Australia my options are probably limited compared to the US/Europe.

Room size will 4.6m x 7m/15ft x 23ft. Quote is $65kAUD which is in my budget, I don't want to go much more than that.

Thanks
      Trackman 4.

Comment

If you want overhead hardware for LH/RH, AboutGolf is another option. Pretty pricey, but looks like it might be in your budget.

Comment

Working...
        X