New Build UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Build UK

Hi All, I have been reading through these forums for the last couple of weeks planning my Golf Sim Paradise.

I’m fairly new to golf with my 11yr old son being a huge enthusiast as we live right off one of the holes on our local golf club.

I have decided on a Skytrak system to start with ( I have bought already) I will upgrade eventually to the Unokeer system due to my son being a Lefty.

the building I will be using will be a 7m x 6m x 2.9m purpose built which is currently under construction.

This is the plan !!! Any advice at this stage would be welcome :

1. Screen Size (16:10) 2.5m High x 4m Wide (I’m really not fussed on the (4:3 aspect ratio) is 16:9 or 16:10 much better ? Are there better screen sizes ?

2. Screen - HD (Golf Swing Systems Par 2 Pro)

3. Hitting Strip - I plan on getting a 600x300mm fibrebuilt which will be centre of the Screen to ensure it’s not off centred hits etc.... this will be 2.7m to 3m away from the screen (suggestions)

4. Surrounding - 5.6m wide x 3.5m long Putting Astro turf around the hitting mat from the edge of the screen. This will also have 2-3 holes dotted around for putting practice etc...

5. Projector - I have not picked a exact projector but would like HD and ideally placed between 2.7-3m away I'm guessing I would need this to be in front of the hitting strip as I don’t want shadows on the screen. Any projectors would be a very welcomed suggestion.

6. Curtains / Side Rails - I will be sourcing these myself and place each side of the screen with the ability to extend them 2m out from the screen. Electric ones are a possibility but not really necessary 🙈

7. Gaming Pc with Touchscreen Monitor - I already have a GTx 1080, I-7900 High end Pc so this is covered. I will place a stand just off the hitting strip for the touch screen monitor to change view / clubs etc...

I don’t think there is anything missed out but if there is please let me know your thoughts and or any recommendations. I would like a surround around the screen and above but haven’t looked into these yet. This is a budget build and whilst I don’t want to waste money I don’t want to skimp on a few quid and ruin the experience.

Thanks for reading and any suggestions comment you may have.
    Last edited by Lacey777; 07-20-2019, 01:13 PM.

Check out Par2Pro’s SQ screen. I have tested a lot of screens for manufacturers and it’s amazing. For the projector even 5 feet behind you wont cast a shadow. Get the projector that allows perfect placement based on distance to screen. Also, for screen size don’t focus on dimension, focus on maximizing the screen for the space and fit your image to that screen. I’ve done screens in 16:9, 16:10, 4:3 and even square.
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

That is the screen I am getting the SQHD 👍

For the Short Throw projectors just so I understand can they be behind you ? I have been recommended a 1200x800 16:10 ? I really want the 1920x1080 for HD correct ?

Comment

• mthunt
        mthunt commented
        Editing a comment
        My screen is over 15ft wide and the projector is 14 feet from the screen. It’s the BenQ1085ST

Your cheaper to buy directly from Par2Pro than Golf Swing Systems.
      Alternatively, this is pretty much the size you’re looking for:
      Hi everyone... Posting this again, as I posted in the wrong section. I am selling a Par2Pro SQHQ screen - which is in the UK. One of the, if not THE best screens on the market. Thick, quiet, durable... and has never had a ball hit at it. It was made to go on my SportScreen, however there was an error in manufacturing and

Comment

• Lacey777
        Lacey777 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have sent you PM p3eps. Thanks.

If you can squeeze to 3m tall you should. I'm 2.85m and I wish I was 3. At 2.9 you'll need planning anyways. Manageable if not though. You are about to start on an amazing journey. See you on tour !

Comment

• Lacey777
        Lacey777 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dg_1983 I thought 2.85 would have been enough ? What are the main draw backs with not having the 3m ?

• mthunt
        mthunt commented
        Editing a comment
        The more the merrier but you’d have to be pretty tall to need 3m. I’m at 3m and over 6 feet tall and it seems like miles to the ceiling.

Im 5'9" on a good day lol. I should be good with 2.8-2.9m I think

Comment

Working...
      X