Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (GROSS AND NET) winning the TGC 2019 FALL TOUR - Houston Open !

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - The CJ Cup at Nine Bridges with 2 rounds at Wailua Valley G.C. (ProTee Green Tee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...t-nine-bridges
See more
See less

Indoor Putting Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor Putting Green

Completely losing my mind over picking a artificial turf for my indoor putting green. Making a 8x12 and can't pull trigger. Synthetic np45,50,55 turf factory Putting elite and any other kind at this point.

I just order this 54"x240": https://camrygolf.com/

I'm still in process of gathering materials for my build. There is an article out there about Camry trunk carpet used as a putting surface. Supposedly it mimics top level greens. I'm excited to test it out. Also I like the gray color.

Comment

mgunner0331 it putts really well however unfortunately the carpet is quite thin and has no backing so it has no durability. I bought it too thinking I could use it as a putting turf/ stance turf, but when swinging my feet would just stretch the carpet and made it basically unusable for my purpose. That said if your only purpose is putting I think you'll be pleased. If you want to do more than putting I actually found some marine carpet from menards that putts very similar to the camry carpet and looks very similar but has a backing and is overall thicker. I bought it for around .30 per square foot.

Comment

• mgunner0331
        mgunner0331 commented
        Editing a comment
        Appreciate the feedback. Thank you. It will be only for putting purposes.

I have NP50 as both a putting surface and a stance mat. It works great for both. There is no wear yet for a stance mat and I've been using it for that for about 1.5yrs now.

Comment

Did you use a carpet padding under the np50 wbond

Comment

No, they are both laid over plywood.
          Originally posted by LeftyLeff52 View Post
          Did you use a carpet padding under the np50 wbond

Comment

Was also considering the Camry golf putting turf so would appreciate any other feedback. I have asked for a sample. Like the colour and was hoping it would be functional for a simulator as well.

Comment

Somethings Bruin if you want a sample of it I can send you some. I've got a bunch left over I've got 3 rolls of 12ft x 4.5ft and don't mind sending you some if you want. Also I mentioned earlier in this thread that Menards sells something very similar https://www.menards.com/main/floorin...maryMeas=144.0

It rolls just a touch slower about 9 on stimp but still a perfect roll with no wobble at all. The benefit of this is that it is a little thicker and has a some backing to it so it's more durable. I bought it for around 30 cents per square foot on sale, not sure if it's a nationwide sale but really good deal imo.

Comment

Really appreciate the offer Jerry, I have requested a sample from Camry and they said they would oblige. I am in Canada and not familiar with Menards but I will check them out as well. I am guessing this can come in black as well.
                Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X