Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Officially Ready to Start! Done w/ HW just need a little guidance..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officially Ready to Start! Done w/ HW just need a little guidance..

I have a 22x14x9' 2" bonus room upstairs in my home and was finally able to test my swing (purchased a cheap net and mat) and there are no issues in terms of height and space. The only problem that I am going to have it the noise. I've done a ton of reading and homework and want to get everyone's thoughts.

Current thoughts on specs:

Sim - Going to go with the GC2. I played off a ST a few times with vastly different results. A sim opened up down the road from me (all ST) and I see different results on every bay that I go into. I plan to use the bonus room in the winter time (pictures below) and build out a sim cage to use on my patio in the summer (w/ an iPad). I also want to know that my shots are accurate more often than not. To me, spending the extra money on a good unit and doing more DIY on the other stuff is worth it. Plan to have it for a long period of time.

Hitting Mat - going with fiberbuilt for sure. Was hoping to make an integrated stance mat with a fiberbuilt insert to save some money but wont happen right away. I'd be willing to pay someone to do it?

Enclosure - Planning to build out my own based on the excellent work done by Gung-ho golf https://gunghogolf.com/blog/diy-impact-screen-enclosure.Thank you for this!

PC - Is the PC below strong enough? I know I need to upgrade the GPU. Have an opportunity to buy today at a good price.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX4
    RAM: 8GB of DDR3
    Graphic Card: 3 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Optical Drives: ASUS DRW-24F1ST
    1 TB HDD

I really need to limit the amount of noise in the room (it's already finished) as my kids room is upstairs. I've seen many posts with products being used (e.g. acoustic foam on ceilings) so here are my questions:

Screen - I read a thread where a test was done on the HQ Par2Pro vs. Carl's premium and watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQS1QVRSiNI. I would like to use a high quality screen but it also needs to be the most quiet. Maybe I am missing something but they sound very similar? People also mention putting archery netting in front or behind the screen. Does this truly help? Anyone tried both?

Floor Padding - I have hardwood floors in the room and one thing the wife noticed was the loud noise being made once the balls falls to the floor. I put a gym mat under the net (just as a test) but it wasn't good enough. Can someone recommend a product that I can use that will absorb the impact when the balls falls down from the screen? unclear if I am going to put the turf/padding all the way to the hitting mat. Par2pro has some stuff (homecourse landing pad & padded turf). Anyone ever use it or can recommend something else? Building a platform is not an option.

Side Protection - Originally wanted to use sportscreen on the sides w/ sliders so I can put it away when not using. But now I am wondering if there is a product out there that will not only protect the walls w/ errant shorts, but will also serve as a way to reduce overall noise? Given how the room is structured, I also have the option of putting in heavy duty curtains behind me (think seal off room) so thinking that might help? Will be looking to velcro the side protection to the back of the screen.

Ceiling Protection - Originally was looking to use the acoustic foam, but similar to the side protection, I need something that will limit the sound and provide protection.

I also have two ways I can structure the sim:

Option #1 - on the long wall (w/ window), I could fit a 13' stealth screen with a 16:9 or 16:10 ratio but it would need to be retractable. More money but wondering if the noise associated with the impact of the club/screen would be lower throughout the house? Could potentially serve as home theater.

Option #2 - use the short wall facing the interior of the house. This is what I tested last night and it worked just fine. I'd probably only be able to fit a screen that is 8' wide and 9' tall. Would ratio would I use for this 1:1? The screen would be more of a permanent structure but would lose the home theater piece.

Anyway, looking forward to starting! I guess in short, I'm looking to build an enclosure made of soundproof material that I can "put away"! Getting the feeling it's easier said than done but looking forward to your thoughts.

Appreciate everyone's help so far. thank you!

I might put a temperpedic bed topper on the floor. They sell them pretty cheap at costco. A couple of inches of foam. It would stand a bit tall

Comment

If I were u setting up new room if go with better PC. Futureproof yourself for little while

Comment

Working...
      X