Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Garage Build

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	112.6 KB ID:	269705

Wanted to build a reasonably inexpensive garage simulator that was easy to put up and take down so that I could still use the garage as such. ~ 7 minute set up and can still park two large vehicles in a 20X24’ garage.

Launch monitor: Skytrak (Par2pro)
    Golf mat: Real Feel Country Club Elite 5’ X 4’ (Par2pro)
    Screen: SQ-W imperfect screen (Par2pro)
    Frame and fastening: slotted angle iron and tarp clips (Home depot)
    Turf: Home Depot
    Projector: Optima GT1080HDR (Costco)
    Curtains: Bed Bath and Beyond

Overall I am very happy with how it turned out. The SQ-W screen is amazing and surprisingly quiet. Both of our young kids sleep directly above the garage and have never been woken up from us playing.

Special thanks to Cory from Par2pro. They are an amazing company to work with and have excellent customer service. When we had a slight mistake in a screen order he made sure it was taken care of quickly. I’ll be using them again for future builds.
    Last edited by Lesher; 05-15-2020, 09:07 PM.

great setup!

Comment

Looks a really good build. I am planning a similar garage set up that needs to be put away to allow the garage to be used regularly.

I am considering Archery Netting as an impact screen, on tensioned wire and carbine hooks, so that it can then be slid back to one side, like a curtain, same with side impact curtains, on curtain track, all held back by curtain tie backs to the wall. The tensioning i am intending to fix permanently to the impact screen is via vertical timbers, with fixed hooks and tarp clips attached the screen sides. The vertical timber on one side will then be hooked onto the side wall, with bungees, at a measured set distance to give the correct amount of tensioning. Will post photos when done, if this plan works out!

Interested to know how your system works to put away the screen and side curtains, or do you take the whole system down and store away each time? That would take too long for me.

Comment

• Lesher
        Lesher commented
        Editing a comment
        The curtains are hung on tensioned wire and slide back and forth easily. The screen stays up and is about 11” from the wall with a practice net behind as backing. With tools and such on the wall beside, and the location of the screen, it doesn’t really effect parking a vehicle beside/opening up the door. I’ve added a couple pictures in my original post of it closed up
        Last edited by Lesher; 05-15-2020, 09:07 PM.

That look fantastic. I have an almost identical setup in my garage. Well done!

Comment

Looks great, enjoy!

Comment

Awesome garage build and being able to put it up in around 7mins is fantastic!

Comment

Looks great. Do you have the carpet on level with your hitting mat (presumably with something underneath it) or is it just the carpet?

Comment

• Lesher
              Lesher commented
              Editing a comment
              The turf is slightly lower (~.5”) than the hitting mat. A mat underneath would solve it but I’ve opted for speed of setup and take down instead. In a more permanent build I would certainly have them level. The ball does drop off when putting but it doesn’t effect the tracking.

Looks awesome, been searching lately to try and find something to setup in my garage and it looks like this could be how I can accomplish it. Definitely trying to do it as cheaply as possible as I just want something to practice but this is giving me some ideas!

Comment

How is the “imperfect” screen from Par2pro? Was it in rough shape or not that bad?

Comment

• Lesher
                Lesher commented
                Editing a comment
                I couldn’t even tell you what is imperfect about it; it looks brand new to me. The edges aren’t finished but I am using tarp clips anyways so it’s a moot point.

How do you like the projector? How dark do you keep your room?

Comment

• Lesher
                Lesher commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome projector, clear and plenty bright. I have one bulb in the garage switched out to a spotlight that points at the mat. The rest are on a dimmer and I keep it quite dark. Photos don’t do it justice with the flash.

How far away are you hitting from

Comment

• Lesher
                Lesher commented
                Editing a comment
                8’ to 9’ Depending on the club
            Working...
            X