X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room size for golf sim for just irons

Hi Everyone,
    Newbie here!!

I am looking at creating a golf simulator room and at the moment the room size is 8 foot wide x 8ft high x 12 ft long and I wondered if this would be ok for just irons with a skytrak? I am looking into increasing the size of the room by digging down 2 foot and I can increase the width to 9ft easily. So my room would be 12 x 9 x 10h , would this be suitable to use a driver? I’m 5 ft 10. I’ve have read some of the posts and I think the width is tight and I will not be able to hit the centre of the screen and will be hitting into the right as I’m a right handed golfer. Thank you in advance for any help and info.

Width -- You definitely won't be able to center it with only 8 or 9 feet, but that's honestly not a big deal. As long as there is enough room for the club to travel behind you on the backswing and follow-through you'll be fine. The Skytrak starts every ball in the center of the screen anyway, so it doesn't affect anything. As long as you are hitting parallel to the Skytrak then it reads it as centered.

Length -- 12 feet is quite short. But you could make it work if you're just hitting into a net. You can mount a TV or computer monitor off to the side for your image.

Height -- Everyone has their own comfort level. At 8 feet you're pretty limited. If you dig it out to 10 feet you're more than likely fine. Even if you leave it at 8 feet you can still have lots of fun. TGC2019 has a ton of really good par 3 courses and short courses (par 4's of like 260 yards where you can tee off with a 7 iron). So it's still very usable as long as you can swing something even if it's not driver.

Comment

• Adrian
      Adrian commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much for your response, it is appreciated

Agree with that - ive got 9.8ft of width and hit offset. Dont find it an issue to be honest, just remember to hit straight ahead and not into the middle of the screen. In the Skytrak range you can also set the offset in the view settings.

Comment

Originally posted by 3on3putt View Post
      Width -- You definitely won't be able to center it with only 8 or 9 feet, but that's honestly not a big deal. As long as there is enough room for the club to travel behind you on the backswing and follow-through you'll be fine. The Skytrak starts every ball in the center of the screen anyway, so it doesn't affect anything. As long as you are hitting parallel to the Skytrak then it reads it as centered.

Length -- 12 feet is quite short. But you could make it work if you're just hitting into a net. You can mount a TV or computer monitor off to the side for your image.

Height -- Everyone has their own comfort level. At 8 feet you're pretty limited. If you dig it out to 10 feet you're more than likely fine. Even if you leave it at 8 feet you can still have lots of fun. TGC2019 has a ton of really good par 3 courses and short courses (par 4's of like 260 yards where you can tee off with a 7 iron). So it's still very usable as long as you can swing something even if it's not driver.
      I raised the roof in my garage to accommodate a driver, but previously I would just play TCG by setting driver boost to ~20% and hit a shorter club or hybrid. Even now I do that sometimes if I don’t want the jarring noise of the driver...then you can play the full courses no problem...

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments, I’m starting to think that this could happen!!!

Comment

Working...
        X