Garage build suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage build suggestions

I just ordered a SkyTrak which is going in my garage for the winter. The size of my space is 10' wide, 9' high ceiling and 16' deep. What does everyone suggest for the size of the impact screen please and then also projector specs. I'm not going to be watching movies, just using it with ST and WGT. I was looking at the enclosure from Carl's golf DIY enclosure kit in 4:3 aspect ratio 7'7" x 10' with the 10' sides. I assume I would need a short throw projector on the ground for this set up unless I go with the 5' sides and then I could do a ceiling mount?

Thanks

Gary

I have pretty much the exact same up and want to know the answers too. Glad we’re in the same boat. Lmk if you have figured anything out since this post. Thanks!

Comment

I went with a 5x5 carl's enclosure (8x10.5 premium) and a short throw projector (0.5) mounted to the ceiling. I had to offset my hitting area to make sure I had room behind my back (where my wife's car sits).. I park my car outside now. I had 9 foot ceilings and after a while I got tired of hitting them with my driver so I cut a hole into the garage ceiling.
      Attached Files

Comment

• richerod
        richerod commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow great solution for ceiling height.

• frodaddy00
        frodaddy00 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Make sure you consult an expert before cutting any floor joists. Luckily I have a builder friend who felt comfortable raising it up a couple of feet.

My build is going to be very similar( other than cutting a hole my garage is high 11-12” but I built a Mezanine where my screen will be. How is the Carl’s net holding up? , following for good advise.

Comment

I am very happy with Carl's premium screen. There is another thread in the forums where people are buying essentially the same thing direct from the mill that produces it for much cheaper. Personally I wanted the "one-stop-shop" so bought it all directly from carlofet.com

Comment

Originally posted by frodaddy00 View Post
          I am very happy with Carl's premium screen. There is another thread in the forums where people are buying essentially the same thing direct from the mill that produces it for much cheaper. Personally I wanted the "one-stop-shop" so bought it all directly from carlofet.com
          My wife parks her car identical to yours, I just measured and its about 1-2" off the 2nd door opening. I looked at the 7.7x10 enclosure there at 4:3, does that ratio really make a huge impact, because an 8x8 would obviously fit a lot nicer, but then your forced @ 1:1? Tia

Comment

• frodaddy00
            frodaddy00 commented
            Editing a comment
            It may be a matter of personal choice. I wanted 16:9 but don't have the width for it unless I kicked wife out of garage (not gonna happen). I settled for 4:3 which is good enough for me.

You probably just want to get some string or something and outline 8x8 vs. 10x7 and see if you can live with the boxiness of 8x8.

I have the same setup 10 wide x 10 high and about 20 feet deep. I put up a dura pro 10x10x10 cage, just because i bought it a few years ago, then got a 7'7" x 10' Carls preferred screen which hangs from the EMT tubing, and bungee cords on side to angle iron, it hangs about 6" from ceiling. Currently i only have an optishot and a cheap $60.00 projector, works for now but I plan on getting a BenQ TH671ST projector and mount it to the ceiling to project a 4:3 image. According to projector central it needs to be about 9' from screen, but then says it won't be bright enough but think I've read on this forum that it should work fine. The other projector the I've looked at is the optoma GT1080 which can be mounted closer to screen but would have to be mounted lower on the ceiling.

I just ordered a Skytrak and a computer (Dell G5, I5 Processor, with a Radeon RX 5600, which i'm hoping is good enough for TGC and E6 Connect)

My screen is about 13" from back wall with archery netting behind it, seems to work well, I generally don't use driver with the limited space, i'm hitting offset to allow room for backswing. I think with the iPad, it projects a 4:3 image with black bars on the side or something, not sure but info is on here somewhere, its one reason I decided to just order a computer. Good luck to you.

Comment

Working...
          X