Curtains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtains

What are some blackout curtains that people have used that don’t break the bank?

I have these on their way based on various recommendations I've seen before

Comment

Do you think these curtains would be usable for the sides for errant shots?

Comment

Chicago Canvas - good quality, flame retardant, I just added these to sim. Real good quality.
        https://www.chicagocanvas.com/applic...ator-curtains/

Peaks Tarps - Industrial Stage curtains. I got these for my garage windows. They would also work well for sim curtains. Not as nice as the Chicago Canvas curtains but pretty decent

Both can be custom-made to your specs.

Comment

I went with https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0816FK396/. Didn't break the bank, good quality, and they have had no problem taking the occasional miss hit.
          TGC 2019 Published Courses:
          • Sanctuary Lake MI (L)
          • Pine Trace MI (L)
          • Deyer National Golf Club
          • Deyer Island Golf Resort
          • Sylvan Glen MI (L)

Comment

Chicago canvas

Comment

I used Warm Home Designs thru Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Warm-Home-Des...59&sr=1-6&th=1

I needed 10' long curtains and those were real pricey in stores. Really happy with what I got from them.

Comment

I got these last week and I'm very happy with them Eclipse Darrell Blackout Window Panel - 37 in. W x 84 in. L (2-Pack)-17523074X084BLK - The Home Depot
                My Published Course:
                Green Harbor (L) - MA, Marshfield, MA
                Stow Acres North (L) - MA, Stow MA

Comment

My quote was over $1700 for side curtains. (6 x 10) My plan is for a 14' wide screen that I'm hitting from 10'. It would take a really bad hit to hit these so I'm thinking I could save a bunch here. The top curtain/protection was also estimated at $1,700 16 x 6) so this is something I am really looking at.

Comment

Questor - Peak Tarps ! I paid $430 for 2 sides and a top piece with a custom hanging valiance/ baffle piece to protect the crossbar. They attached Velcro to the sides and top so they connect together very well.

Comment

Questor - I bought the same/similar curtains many have referenced by amazon and they work fine. Certainly eat a stray ball (there have been plenty) and each 120x100 curtain was $50 each. Chicago tarps are better quality and thicker, but didn't make sense for my budget.

Comment

Nice article

Comment

I also got curtains from Peaks tarps. Just put the first one up yesterday. I was shocked at how heavy and thick they are. No stray shot will even move them much! I got a 10'x36' piece that incorporates the walls and ceiling. I ordered it and a 4.5'x36' piece, and it was $560.00 with free shipping. I only want to do this once and it seemed well worth the money.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Just keep in mind that while the high end curtains/tarps are very nice, they're not really NEEDED in my opinion. I looked at them and couldn't justify the cost which says a lot after over 20k invested. I ended up with 10' high black curtains from Amazon and they're fantastic, I think they were around $80 for a 10' x 10' or something, there are a million of them on there that are similar. Keep in mind any stray shots or shanks do not have that much force behind it so you don't need anything super heavy duty like the hitting screen. Just my .02 cents.

Comment

Agree 100% with Timmy5under. I have some super cheap black photo backdrop curtains off Amazon. They are thin, but they stop every shot hit into them without problem. Most of the balls are caught and drop straight where they hit. Errant driver shots are guided back toward the screen and bounce there. Curtains are the one area of the sim you can definitely go cheap on.

Comment

Working...
                              X