Plans for bonus room addition/golf room

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • midwestboy
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2020
    • 22

    #1

    Plans for bonus room addition/golf room

    I am hoping to get some input on planning a golf simulator in a bonus room build above our garage.

    this is uncharted territory and I have no idea what I’m doing.

    We would like to also use the room for entertaining friends watching movies etc.

    a wet bar/sink/small fridge would be nice but cost dependent is not a must.

    Thankfully there is a bathroom just off the room.

    I will attach a picture (I’m not sure how to upload the pdf from my phone). Thanks in advance
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CDB8030B-CEB8-4D69-909C-10EAB43662A1.png
Views:	931
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	336954

  • AndersonRains
    Member
    • Jun 2021
    • 35

    #2
    Looks to be plenty of space. Can't wait to see it

    Comment

    • golfsimulatorsite
      Advanced Member
      • May 2019
      • 271

      #3
      so against the sceen wall, you are at 7-11 high? if you moved it out a ft or so , what is the hieght. Its best to try and get something close to 9 ft high. you have plenty of length at 13-11. you could do a 12 long x 8/9 high setup. How deep do you want the enclosure? 3/5/10? What system are you going to use? Do you want a ceiling mount projector? you have plenty of height to mount a projector . Let me know and I will get you a quick layout . D you have a budget?

      checkout



      Thx

      Chip
      Spectrum Golf

      Comment

      • midwestboy
        Junior Member
        • Dec 2020
        • 22

        #4
        Originally posted by golfsimulatorsite View Post
        so against the sceen wall, you are at 7-11 high? if you moved it out a ft or so , what is the hieght. Its best to try and get something close to 9 ft high. you have plenty of length at 13-11. you could do a 12 long x 8/9 high setup. How deep do you want the enclosure? 3/5/10? What system are you going to use? Do you want a ceiling mount projector? you have plenty of height to mount a projector . Let me know and I will get you a quick layout . D you have a budget?

        checkout



        Thx

        Chip
        Spectrum Golf
        I currently have a uneekor system mounted in a spare bedroom but the room is too tight. I feel that I am not able to swing freely (I have hit the enclosure a few times because I am about 6 feet from the screen and hit the crossbar sometimes). I have diy enclosure from Carl’s that is 8x10.5x5 but am open to modify or swap to make room more ideal/improve the end result. I have a short throw projector currently but have it on the floor currently and will hopefully get it feeling mounted or upgrade when the bonus room is built out.


        Comment

        • golfsimulatorsite
          Advanced Member
          • May 2019
          • 271

          #5
          You might be able to modify the carls enclosure to make it 12 ft long . you would have to ask them. what is the make and model of your projector? I would ceiling mount a projector in the new room. floor mount might push you back too far from screen. depending on the throw distance. thx Chip

          Comment

          • midwestboy
            Junior Member
            • Dec 2020
            • 22

            #6
            Originally posted by golfsimulatorsite View Post
            You might be able to modify the carls enclosure to make it 12 ft long . you would have to ask them. what is the make and model of your projector? I would ceiling mount a projector in the new room. floor mount might push you back too far from screen. depending on the throw distance. thx Chip
            I have the optoma GT1080HDR short throw gaming projector. Thanks for your advice. I will reach out regarding modifying the enclosure

            Comment

            • golfsimulatorsite
              Advanced Member
              • May 2019
              • 271

              #7
              looks like your projector would mount in the 7-8 ft ragne. see link

              https://www.projectorcentral.com/Opt...r-pro.htm#calc

              let me know if you need help with enclosure
              thx

              Chip

              Comment

              Working...