Looking For Solutions To Deaden Shots At Top Of My Hitting Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Solutions To Deaden Shots At Top Of My Hitting Bay

Looking for some ideas. I have a Uneekor QED with a Carl’s hitting bay/impact screen - LOVE them both. The only real issue I have is when I hit an AW, SW, 60 degree wedge. Sometimes the ball hits right on the seam (see below) of the screen…where the velcro is and the ball gets thru the seam. I have some padding behind the seam but I am looking for ideas on how to stop/deaden the ball if it hits up there. Any ideas? Thanks

Could you ziptie or stitch the screen tight to that top part of the enclosure ?

Comment

Not really. That would damage the material. Thanks for your response.

Comment

Looking at how it is put together (youtube video), i can only think of adding a second strip of velcro tape parallel to the first one in order to reinforce that joint...
        You could do it on the screen side, or at the top, or both, depending on where the problem is...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	341822

Comment

I went to a fabric store and purchased black fabric.. Hung 3 rows of it from my ceiling in front of my screen. It works like a charm and looks good. Catches the high ones that like to bounce hard off the top portion of the screen as well. And it only ran me about $50 for a professional result.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Really appreciate it.

Comment

I had the same problem with my enclosure & screen, I slid pool noodles between the bungee cords all around the screen, works great

Comment

A simple pool noodle cut to fit will work just fine.

Comment

Ha ha. I went the pool noodle route as well.

Comment

My screen is not sealed with bungee cords (like the pic above). It’s simply a Velcro seam…that has been my issue - balls busting thru the seam when the high lofted shots hit high on the screen/seam. I do have the equivalent of noodles inside the seam for padding and it works great. I just want to stop balls from getting thru the seam.

Comment

I haven't had any get thru this or bounce off the screen and into my ceiling.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X