New to forum and simulators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum and simulators

I ran across a used Skytrak complete with hitting area projector mat. I know nothing about it other than I love it but want to be able to play multiplayer courses. From everything I researched the TGC2019 is overwhelmingly the odds on favorite. My problem is the pc requirements. I've noticed on here that most people have built there own towers. I don't need the latest greatest but I don't want to wait two minutes to see image projected on the screen. The projector I got is a view sonic which I'm sure is no where near a high end projector. Can anyone help me with suggestions as to what I need. I have a friend who's son builds computers but this is not a good time due to the supply chain chip shortages. Also, what's the use in having a high powered graphics card with a minimal performing projector. I'm open to any suggestions or help. I hope I'm posting this in the right area, as I said I'm new to all this.

1. Will you be setting up the PC in a fixed position or moving it each time you’re done playing?
    2. How many screens do you plan on adding in addition to the projector?
    3. Do you see yourself adding other features i.e. high speed cameras for swing recordings or streaming yourself playing?
    4. Do you ever see yourself using a 4K projector?

Comment

No to pretty much all that. I just bought it for my friends I would have one to play. I'm not going to be moving it and I only have the one screen. I might want to upgrade the projector dome day. Right now I just want to be able to play around of golf with my friends. I use it quite a bit to practice since I'm retired I have plenty of time on my hands. Thank you for any help you can suggest.

Comment

I would try to find a laptop made within the last year with a 1050ti or better GPU. It would be your cheapest option.

If you do plan on upgrading the projector to 4K find a laptop with a RTX2060 GPU or better.

Last option is a prebuilt desktop with a RTX3060 GPU or above. The most expensive option but you have an upgrade path if your setup changes. Remember you cannot upgrade the important items like CPU and GPU on a laptop.

Simulator software is not difficult to run like the latest video games. The recommendations are listed in cheapest to most expensive.

Comment

Working...
        X