Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roller screen bending

Hi all

Reading through the past years of posts on retractable screens some users have mentioned that the 16feet retractable screen does have a slight bend.

I will be needing slightly shorter at 13.2 feet. Has anybody found that this is still a issue?

Is it a pretty simple task to trim the aluminum roll if it needs to be trimmed and any suggestions on how many joins is best at that length for the best rigidity?

I am looking at either a sportscreen or Metechs setup

I got the 13 foot retractable screen from metech. It has no sag in the middle of the bar.

Comment

It takes an insane amount of force to join the metechs bar together when they ship them separately. I pounded on mine for a good 10 minutes with a regular hammer (in hindsight I should've found a heavy sledge hammer). Bottom lien, the metechs bar will not sag even at 16 feet wide due to the way they are joined together.

Comment

I contacted MeTechs about that since I was having the same issue. They gave me some great advice on making it a little easier. You need to take a punch and dent the channel until the last half an inch. It made putting it together so much easier.

Comment

I have a 12" Par2Pro Stealth screen and it does sag a bit in the middle. I imagine their 16' screen would have noticeable sag.

Comment

I have the Par2Pro Stealth setup (Sportscreen), which I bought as a custom size (15 feet).
            It looks like whoever shipped it took a hacksaw to the 16 feet one and chopped a bit off the end… so I would suggest just doing it yourself!

Mine has a small amount of sag in the middle.

Comment

I have a 16' MeTechs screen and there is no discernable bend or sag as other have attested to. In terms of assembly they "pre-dented" the channel at the ends of the sections which made joining them easier but you still would want to use a big hammer if possible (5 pound sledge was my choice)

Comment

Thanks, I wonder why then the sportscreen setup bends? Metech users don’t seem to have the same issue?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	golf.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.7 KB ID:	369603
                  I purchased the 16 ft SportScreen roller and cut it with a hacksaw to the dimensions I need (about 13 ft). Takes just a few minutes and their cost for a custom size is ridiculous. I don't really have a noticeable bend in mine at 13 ft.

Comment

• Newtosim
                    Newtosim commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Did you just use scissors to cut the screen down to 13'?

I too was worried initially when I saw this slight bend. But after 2.5 years of use, I think the sportscreen has been a great product. I am unfamiliar with the other roller-tube products mentioned.

The sag does not create bunching on the impact screen if the bottom corners are bungeed or tensioned. The sag is not greater than the height of a ball, therefore the screen still prevents balls from going under. I inserted a pipe across the bottom of the sportscreen and set the down position so I can slide my finger under the center. Balls still can't roll under the edges and the impact screen can slightly move to absorb the shot.

Uneekor QED / The Golf Club 2019
                  Epson L1300UNL (8000 Lumen Laser 2160P) ELPLU03 Lens (0.69 Throw Ratio)
                  Dell P4317Q (2160P) x2
                  PC (Watercooled 2080 TI / 11700k / 16GB)
                  Par2Pro Stealth Screens

Comment

If you use a single piece aluminum roller tube that is heavy duty it will not sag, at least 80mm diameter.

Comment

Working...
                    X