what to do with garage door rails/track

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • aussiebenny
    replied
    I'm 6' 3" and I've never hit the garage door rail that's above me, but my dad who is 5' 12" has hit it a few times now. (not during his swing, but after it due to his habit of raising the club back up after a full follow through)

    I never though of using a pool noodle but that's a great idea and I might give it a go when I play with him again!

    Leave a comment:


  • Rlefig
    replied
    I cant lift them anymore, maybe an inch or two but have to keep the front of the rail at current height so then rails will be out of level. I could raise the front but then would lose storage which I need

    Leave a comment:


  • bubbtubbs
    replied
    How much higher than your rails are the ceilings? Can you high lift them?

    I haven't converted mine yet but they're standard 7.5' off the ground and the ceiling is 11.5'. Going to change to a high lift style (3" from ceiling) some point in the near future. They'll only be in the first 2' of garage because of the increased travel height.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rlefig
    started a topic what to do with garage door rails/track

    what to do with garage door rails/track

    Hi all,

    Thanks for all your help with previous questions. I am getting close to finishing my SIM build in my garage, but I am concerned about the garage door rail on my backswing. There is no auto opener in garage but the door does ride on tracks. With my driver swing I am short of rail by a couple of inches, maybe a bit more, but still want to protect driver head from hitting it. I don't want to move mat over to right anymore.

    I was thinking of putting a pool noodle on rail when playing, that way if I do hit it its soft.

    Thoughts?
Working...