Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swing Cameras - can i run two cameras from one USB hub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swing Cameras - can i run two cameras from one USB hub?

my PC is in the office next to the golf sim and i was planning to run a multi port USB hub from the PC into the golf sim room. i was planning to do this so i could plug in a wireless mouse and keyboard receiver as well as two usb swing cameras. i was wondering if anyone can confirm if this will work or not. thanks in advance.

It depends on the cameras. If it’s high resolution high fps then probably not. The port you are attaching the hub to has a bandwidth rating. If the output of the cameras and other devices exceed that rating then it won’t work.

Link your cameras and what program you are going to use for reviewing the captures.

Comment

I had a lot of difficulty trying to run USB-C cameras off of the same hub - could never get it to work. I was also disappointed with my pre-built Lenovo Legion (an otherwise kick-ass computer) with not having an open expansion port for a USB-C card. Fortunately through trial and error I discovered that the USB-C ports on the back (ostensibly on the motherboard) and the ones on the front top panel were actually on different busses.

So, while I do not think your primary plan will work, as long as the length of the cable is less than 30 feet or so (seems to be the limit for active USB-C cables - good ones anyway - you should be able to run multiple cables, one for each camera depending on the layout of your setup. Only other option I can think of is to move the computer to the Sim area and control it from the office in the manner you suggest above.

My two cents.
      Last edited by jasonreg; 06-24-2022, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• pizzaslice
        pizzaslice commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks jasonreg. i guess i'll have to identify how many hubs my pc has and either plan to use one camera or run two separate USB lines that plug into separate usb hubs . i'm sure theres a way i can do it through windows system information.

Originally posted by preludesam View Post
      It depends on the cameras. If it’s high resolution high fps then probably not. The port you are attaching the hub to has a bandwidth rating. If the output of the cameras and other devices exceed that rating then it won’t work.

Link your cameras and what program you are going to use for reviewing the captures.
      i'm looking to use a camera like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2251...apt=4itemAdapt
      and for review i was planning to use the eyexo native View software.

Comment

Nope and you better have the proper cables too. My Uneekor system and Uneekor cameras require two USB ports on my VERY HIGH end Gaming Computer CyberPower Tracer V X Pro 15X Series. And I needed a longer cable and just bought one at Best Buy - did not work needed to be some special kind - work with a great dealer who actually cares about your project - unless you have high tech skills or you will be doomed, He bought me the right one and shipped it to me The fact you have this question says you need s pro on this to get your gear from. Long term it will save you money - I call Mike Lautenslager in Mobile AL - he will give your options and send you want you need and log on and fix it and set it up remote - he makes a few bucks and you have a working system - mike@visgolf.com. Mike is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by pizzaslice View Post

i'm looking to use a camera like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2251...apt=4itemAdapt
          and for review i was planning to use the eyexo native View software.
          Do not buy this camera. It has a rolling shutter instead of a global shutter. Find the same specs you want with a global shutter. Uneekor is hit or miss on using non-Swing Vision cameras. My experience so far has not been great and the GUI is not that user-friendly. Nothing I have seen other than Swing Catalyst really is...so take that as you may. There are a few threads here about using Spineal or Kaeyton which is basically what you linked. I would take a peek at them as they have already done the research on model numbers for cameras that have your needed specs.
          Last edited by preludesam; 06-25-2022, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X