Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Jard (NET) and @ecarl97 & @Randy (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - TGC Championship !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - Tour Championship with 3 rounds at East Lake Simulator #1 : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-championship
See more
See less

Hello from Fife, Scotland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Fife, Scotland

Morning folks. I've just taken the plunge to build a system in my garage. I've been thinking about it for ages but the big issue has been that I need to alter the roof joists to get enough height. I've just given the builder the go-ahead. I talked to my local club fitter about the set up he had and he put me in touch with the firm he used for his enclosure etc. I've ended up going for a bit more of a self build option and held back from a full simulator build for the moment. I've bought a SkyTrack launch monitor on special offer combined with the SkyPro swing analyser and I've bought a "tee turf" mat. When the builder is raising the ceiling height for me I'm getting him to construct what essentially will look like a large shower curtain type arrangement that will allow me to push the side netting back to the wall so I can still use the garage as a garage when not using the simulator. The "tee turf" can be rolled up and stored too. For the moment I intend to stick an old plasma telly on the wall and link it to my laptop. In time (depending on how much I used the system) I may add a hitting screen and projector but I'm reluctand to go to the extra cost of that at the moment. Especially as it looks like it requires a new laptop with better graphics card too. So the orders have been placed, the build has been approved and I'm just waiting for the work to start. Hopefully the garage roof won't fall down in the process!

Hello and Welcome, you will find a lot of good information on here and a lot of very good people. The impact screen and projector add a lot to the system, or at lest it did for me. I shopped and got both mine off eBay at a very good savings, just have to take your time and watch. Get every thing setup and running and once you start using it, it should not take you long to make up your mind about what all you want to add or not.

Comment

Any questions or problems - give me a shout - based in Crossgates near Dunfermline!

Comment

Originally posted by dg_1983 View Post
        Any questions or problems - give me a shout - based in Crossgates near Dunfermline!
        Good to know. Thanks.

Where I go from here will really depend on how much use I make of it. Probably not the best time of year to judge that although you know the Fife weather as well as I do and there's been more than one occassion I've needed my cold weather gear in summer time!

Comment

Originally posted by dg_1983 View Post
          I tried sending you a PM with a question about netting - what you got and where from - but it's not sending for some reason, don't know if there is a minimum post count required before PM's can be sent.

Comment

I’m up in Aberdeen!
            I bought a GC2 and did a cheap setup for a start. My GC2 came from the States, so I figured if I didn’t use it, I could sell it and break even (or even make a profit).
            Turns out I use it all the time, so I restarted my setup with a much higher budget. Even in summer (as good as it gets here!) I still use it - as I can play a round of golf in 45 mins rather than wasting 5+ hours for a real life round!

Comment

Hi Braehead,

I'm near Edinburgh and embarking on the same project.

I have a good idea on what I'm after but struggling to source materials and know exactly which ones to use.

Any advice from anyone on here would be greatly received!

Keep us all updated especially with Pics!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by MrDo666 View Post
                Hi Braehead,

I'm near Edinburgh and embarking on the same project.

I have a good idea on what I'm after but struggling to source materials and know exactly which ones to use.

Any advice from anyone on here would be greatly received!

Keep us all updated especially with Pics!

Cheers
                My builder just took the p1ss with his quote for installing a net while lifting the ceiling height so I'm back looking at golfswingsystems options. I want to be able to move it out of the way and use the garage for storing a car when not practicing golf. That's my main enclosure challenge - getting something I can fold, push, move out the way

Comment

Braehead,

if if you haven’t already seen this then have a look,
                  I’m guessing something similar to this what you are after.

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-simulator-uk

Comment

Braehead,

UK build too so hopefully can help you with suppliers and materials.

good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by MrDo666 View Post
                      Braehead,

if if you haven’t already seen this then have a look,
                      I’m guessing something similar to this what you are after.

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-simulator-uk
                      Thanks for that - it looks good. I think I'm going to go for a permanent frame with sides that triangulate down and are held in place by weight bags. A bit like the sides on a netreturn system.

Comment

Working...
                      X