Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Thundergolf (NET and GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Open Hawaii !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - CareerBuilder Challenge with 2 rounds at PGA West (Palmer) Thursday : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...lder-challenge
See more
See less

Hello from Colorado, and question on hanging screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Colorado, and question on hanging screen

Hello to the forum! I am starting to build a simulator in the garage, just received my Optishot 2, working on the rest. I think the biggest screen I can fit is 108 x 96, and I plan to build a motorized roll up screen affixed to the ceiling. I have a machine shop and can make everything I need.

My question is about a hanging screen, It will have EMT conduit in the horizontal sleeves at the top and bottom, but since I will be rolling it up when not in use can I get away with no hard frame on the sides?

looking forward to learning from the forum members. Cheers!

gort

You can provide a photo of the garage so that you can easily propose a reasonable solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Gort View Post
      Hello to the forum! I am starting to build a simulator in the garage, just received my Optishot 2, working on the rest. I think the biggest screen I can fit is 108 x 96, and I plan to build a motorized roll up screen affixed to the ceiling. I have a machine shop and can make everything I need.

My question is about a hanging screen, It will have EMT conduit in the horizontal sleeves at the top and bottom, but since I will be rolling it up when not in use can I get away with no hard frame on the sides?

looking forward to learning from the forum members. Cheers!

gort

If you have EMT on top and bottom you can easily get away from rigid on the sides. In the home theater world, some screens like that use what they call tab tensioned, but I think it will not be necessary for you. There will be a lot of sway if it hangs free so you might want to devise a way to anchor the bottom to keep it from swinging on impact.

Comment

Working...
      X