Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Monovision (GROSS) and @Joe_S (NET) winning the TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Rocket Mortgage Classic!

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - John Deere Classic with 2 rounds at Banff Springs (Pro Tee): https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...-deere-classic
See more
See less

Hi . New potential golf sim install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi . New potential golf sim install

New Member Here. Always wanted a golf simulator but never had the room. My attic is walk up unfinished but the height is just not enough. If i go higher then the eaves come in and it is not wide enough.
    i took the first step to figuring out how to use my Garage and the sim at the same time. I am having a liftmaster 8500 installed and getting rid of that room robbing chain drive. I have18 foot wide double door so will have lots of room both with height and width.

Have to decide if i want to spend the money for a par2 pro retractable screen or go with some kind of DIY method.

Also need to choose a LM and somewhat leaning towards mevo+ since I can take it to the range as well.

Welcome! lots of good information on garage builds here and it sounds like you have completed some good first steps!

There was another person about a month or so ago that started a discussion on the screen you are considering and there are a few here that have it. I would suggest reading those and good luck with your build!

Comment

If you go with Mevo+ make sure you are hitting away from the garage door as that has been known to cause interference with radar units

Comment

• soupy
        soupy commented
        Editing a comment
        good to know. I was still contemplating on which direction to setup

Yes definitely hit away from a metal garage door. One nice thing for this type of set up is in the summer you could open the door and move your hitting mat back to maximize distance to the screen.

Comment

• soupy
        soupy commented
        Editing a comment
        i really wanted to setup the retractable in front of the door but I guess going in the other direction makes no difference. I am not sure i would go back any further as I am already 19 feet to play with but I guess it would give the mevo more flight time.

Just thought of something else. I have metal storage attached to the back wall so metal in both directions is not good i guess?

Comment

• Dax
        Dax commented
        Editing a comment
        This might be a problem yes. Can you remove them or move them?

Go with a GC2. Pick up a certified refurbished unit. They are tanks and will last you forever.
      Lay-ups are for basketball!

Comment

I cannot really move the cabinets as they are bolted to the wall. At least the overhead ones. They are a storage system that takes up most of the back wall

Comment

Working...
        X