Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Todd Morgan (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 FALL TOUR - The RSM Classic !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 FALL TOUR - Mayakoba Golf Classic. We are playing 2 rounds at Quarry Ridge Protee Pin 1: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...a-golf-classic
See more
See less

Newbie here from AZ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here from AZ!

Another recent lurker here on the forum. Finally joined to give kudo's to the community and this site as I pulled several ideas on my recent sim build from here. Before anyone gives me too much grief about being in AZ and golfing all year long, I'm up in the mountains in the Prescott area at about 5200' elevation, so I still have at least several months of the year where golfing outside is not happening I've just finished my build out in a garage that is attached to the side of my house (aka, 'boat garage') and I'm just waiting for my launch monitor! I've been out of golf for the past 15+ years, but really got back into it this year and can't wait to play inside.

Welcome! Congratulations on setting up your sim room. What LM did you decide on?

Comment

Thanks cmckelvmi! I'll try to get some pics of the room up soon.

Funny (NOT) story there LOL. I ordered a Skytrak on 9/2 from a dealer website. I had just signed up to this forum yesterday, and while I was waiting to get approved I stumbled into a thread on Skytrak delays. Some in that thread had mentioned that they had ordered their unit in mid October directly from Skytrak and had just received their shipping notification. Several others in there had ordered theirs a few weeks after I did from the same site I did and haven't received anything, either.

I became so livid mad that I blew my budget (after wife approval ) and ordered a Uneekor QED direct from their website and then sent an email to cancel my Skytrak order. I already purchased a FMJ (ebay, not OEM) and a laser alignment from the same seller for the Skytrak. I was truly exited to get the Skytrak and open the sim up. I still am excited, and in all reality, I wanted something that would help me know what my club face and path are doing when I'm practicing but most of the options for that are just way over my budget. I've read a few threads on here about the QED and most seem to really like it, plus I really dig the video of the club through impact. I figured I'd upgrade in a couple of years, it's just happening way sooner than I expected!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

• leibin
          leibin commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Dax!

Congrats on getting the QED! You skipped the growing pains from the SkyTrak.

Comment

• leibin
          leibin commented
          Editing a comment
          You won't believe it, I just got the tracking number on the Skytrak hahahaha - thanks man, I think I'll end up selling the Skytrak. I actually thought I would enjoy those growing pains, but I'm looking forward to the QED!

Originally posted by leibin View Post
        Another recent lurker here on the forum. Finally joined to give kudo's to the community and this site as I pulled several ideas on my recent sim build from here. Before anyone gives me too much grief about being in AZ and golfing all year long, I'm up in the mountains in the Prescott area at about 5200' elevation, so I still have at least several months of the year where golfing outside is not happening I've just finished my build out in a garage that is attached to the side of my house (aka, 'boat garage') and I'm just waiting for my launch monitor! I've been out of golf for the past 15+ years, but really got back into it this year and can't wait to play inside.
        Welcome to the forum, although I'm also a newbie relative to long-standing members here Prescott is such a beautiful area; we spent a few days last January hiking and enjoying a snowy weekend. The local Prescott Brewery has an award winning porter called a PBC Achocolypse that is very tasty. I'm down in Sahuarita (south of Tucson) and also in the process of building out my sim in my garage. Good luck!

Comment

• leibin
          leibin commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks RJBoogie - nice to meet you. I'll have to chase down that porter! Good luck on the sim, as well...I'm going to try to get some pics of mine posted shortly!
      Working...
      X