Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keither5150 officially joins Team GSA ( www.golf-simulators.com )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keither5150 officially joins Team GSA ( www.golf-simulators.com )

Martin ( owner of GSA golf simulators ) has made me an offer that I couldn't refuse. I will be the voice of GSA on this forum, Facebook, etc. Martin has also granted me sole Canadian distribution rights of Vistrak. I didn't really had to think too hard on this one. I have been helping fellow GSA users for years.... now it's official. I will be involved in testing new products, product development and customer service. I am beyond excited about this new opportunity. Stay tuned for more information about Vistrak.

Congratulations!

Comment

Good luck on your new position and opportunity!

Comment

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys, I am pretty excited.

Congratulations Keith. I'm excited to see the product and find out more

Comment

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, My sim is currently on truck in St Paul Mn. I haven't been this excited since I bought TGC.

Now that you're on the team, get those beta units in a case with the IR LED lights. We don't wanna have to be hanging 10 different cameras and lights
      congrats on the job, hopefully the Vistrak is a great machine.

Comment

Thanks, I will bring this up with Martin and let you know. I think, at first, the case may be an expensive option. Not possible at $750. But anything is possible. My opinion differs, I would rather save a few bucks and just have a camera and light separate. I already have lights there and can change them out easily. I will actually be mounting my camera on my GC2 putting slider. This will allow me to test different mounting distances with ease.

Comment

Feel free to contact me on the forum or by email.
          Last edited by GSF_Admin; 06-13-2019, 09:48 AM. Reason: Do not post personal details please. Thank you.

Comment

• panman
            panman commented
            Editing a comment
            Keith, I just found this forum and this is my first post! I am hoping that you are still around and that I will be able to pick your brain. A friend of mine bought a gsa cx2 system a few years back and was never able to quite set the system up and get it working. He is moving away and told me that I could have the system and gave me what he had, lucky me right! I just got possession of what he had and I'm trying to figure out everything as this is my very first attempt at a sim. Anyway, not to get too winded on my first post and bore everyone I will leave it at that in hopes to hear back from you, and all that are knowledgeable about the cx2 sim, and get a dialogue going. Thanks for reading!

Congrats Keith.

What are my options upgrading to Vistrak from my PX5 system? Is there a big difference between the two?

Comment

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            You can take your mat out.... There is quite a big difference between the PX5 and Vistrak. Vistrak has a large hitting area. No triggering cameras or sensors are needed. Video playback of the club striking the ball at impact. I was actually sold after hearing about the large hitting area. With the PX mat, the hitting area is tiny compared to Vistrak.

You can actually add the Vistrak to your system. Replace the sensor mat with the Eagle. The eagle can trigger your old cameras. Or you can buy a Vistrak LX and have spin added to your existing two cameras. The LX can trigger your old cameras. Or you can sell your cameras and buy a Vistrak Eagle along with a Vcam B ( totally different than the normal Vcam) This system will have it all and be lefty righty friendly. If you don't care about lefties...… you could pair a Eagle with a LX ….. that will cost a little less than the Vcam B option... Like GSA's systems before, most of the components will work nicely with one another.

That's awesome man! You have been one of the biggest voices on here for years giving out tons of help and info to everyone, you definitely deserve this opportunity

Comment

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks man, I appreciate that.

I purchased the Vcam with my VisTrak can I add the Bcam down the road if I wanted to

Comment

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not really, The Vcam uses different cameras than the Vcam B. You would have to sell the Vcam and purchase the Vcam B. So... yes, you can. GSA systems are modular so the components are designed to work together.

The Vcam takes a long exposure (10000 microseconds) that provides a trace from the start of the exposure to the finish of the exposure....This camera will take a 160 mph shot and it will show it's travel over 2 or 3 feet. The advantages..... great speed detection, perfect angles. The downside, the ball is a blur so spin detection will be impossible. The Vcam B has two cameras and two flashes. These cameras will take a couple of images, with flash, of the ball directly after being struck. This system provides great images for detection. The system will compare the logo to the static image of the ball (before being struck). The big difference is cost. The Vcam B costs about 3 times as much as the Vcam.

If you need righty/lefty and spin.... you have to go with Vistrak surround B, or Eagle plus Vcam B.
            Yet to be tested is two vistraks, one set up on the ceiling and one on the floor.

Another option..... if video playback is not that important to you..... is Change your order from a Vistrak Eagle to a Vistrak LX. Use your Vcam as a Hcam on the ceiling. The LX will provide you with LA , ball speed, spin, spin axis, club speed. AOA. The Hcam will give you perfect HA. This may be the most cost-effective way to have all the data. The downside.... not righty/lefty friendly and the video playback will be from the side on the floor. So full club data will not be possible. I will be testing my system in this configuration, hopefully by the weekend. This might be my final setup.... I will post two images showing the differences between the two vcams.

Congrats Keither. Your input will be excellent for Martin. Keep doing what your doing. Sometimes GSA information/options is too much even for folks that are very well informed in the industry. Keeping it simple will go a long way.

Comment

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Bubba. I agree with you on the amount of options... pretty overwhelming for newbies.... that's for sure. Keeping it simple might have left the building. Mike and I are trying to stay focused and complete one thing at a time.... Not going to lie....it's a dream job... By this time next year, I plan to have a mobile unit to take to charity tournaments.... hole in one challenge maybe? Sounds like a whole bunch of fun....rather than a job.....Oh yeah and I have to hang out on the forum and answer queries about GSA..... I have been doing that for years anyway.

I agree with the above, revamping the website should be step 1. Make it clear and concise, even if you have the amount of information it needs to be better organized as to whats new, whats coming. I have my own online business and it took 3 years to realize more options meant less sales and more confusion. I used to get 3x the questions i get now with 200% less sales when I had too many options and variables in a product. It's clear martin is an engineer like myself and not a marketer/businessman; thats not an insult it took a long time for me to get out of that mindset and I still fight it.
          Last edited by shwag33; 08-15-2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X