Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET & GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Scotish Open!

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Ireland Invitational with 2 rounds at Le Golf National (Protee): https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...d-invitational
See more
See less

LX2 Launch Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LX2 Launch Monitor

Has any body used the LX2 Launch Monitor? It is a stand alone launch monitor that provides ball data only it seems. The GSA site makes it seem as though it works with TGC, E6, etc

If anyone has used it do you have any thoughts? How does it compare to the known entities (flightscope, foresight, etc products)?

LX3 looks like a GC+ HMT to me. Looks like an incredible bargain if you are wanting a one sided setup. Ultimately it will be about the software and how it interprets that data into ball flight. Gear effect, spin degeneration, etc
    Last edited by Stetson; 05-22-2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      GSA supplies the data to the software of choice. TGC, TGC 2019, E6, E6 Connect can all be used with any GSA sim. I think that Creative golf 3D is also going to be available. The LX3 will have video playback of the clubhead striking the ball similar to the Vistrak eagle but a little different as the camera is much closer to the strike.

I understand they supply the data to the game but is it the game that calculates gear effect and spin degradation?

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good question..... not too sure. I thought that gear effect would only be needed when a system calculates spin axis from club data. In this case, draw spin will be added on toe hits and fade spin will be added for heel hits. As for spin degradation..... I am not sure.

The blog post on 23rd May says they are (he is? sounds like a one man outfit?) reducing the product line to 3 systems: Vistrak Eagle, Vistrak IR Stereo and LX3. So I guess LX2 is no longer an option. Even with the simplified lineup I'm not clear which system measures which stats. And can you still add "VCAM" cameras? If so, does a Vistrak Eagle+VCAM measure more,less or the same attributes as the other 2 systems? The systems look great for the price, but I'm just a bit unclear on the pros and cons between the GSA systems.

Comment

So they scraped a bunch of beta products. Interesting. Probably a good business move.

Comment

Originally posted by Stetson View Post
        LX3 looks like a GC+ HMT to me. Looks like an incredible bargain if you are wanting a one sided setup. Ultimately it will be about the software and how it interprets that data into ball flight. Gear effect, spin degeneration, etc
        Gear effect is typically not calculated in the software. In launch monitors that measure spin, there is no need to utilize gear effect in the sim software as you are directly measuring spin. If the simulator calculates spin from the measured club data (face angle and path) then knowing the face contact would be important to account for gear effect when calculating spin.

Spin decay on the other hand is often addressed in the software. Every software will have there own spin decay models. Look up Tutelman.

Comment

Working...
        X