Attn.... Stereo users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn.... Stereo users

I have been working closely with Martin on a fundamental change in how the stereo cameras collect and measure their data. This is a big change..... with benefits of course. Most stereo users will be able to switch over just by changing their lenses and calibrating the cameras. Calibration takes about 10 min.

Due to the big change Martin has been dealing with the challenges of both systems running on the same software. When he fixes a bug with the stereo system, a new bug pops up with the IRV system. So I would strongly recommend that Stereo users keep to software version 9.4.6.9 or earlier. You can roll back your software by installing the older install file overtop of the newer one....

If you need an older version of the software, send me a message.

A few advantages of the new IRV system are.....
    • no trigger camera needed.
    • non reflective flooring is not needed.
    • increased LA accuracy on slow shots.
    • decreased importance of FOV lighting.
    • No trigger cables needed = less wiring
    • Chipping and putting mode accuracy increased.
    I really wanted my GSA system to work with my new putting green....... and now it does. I am waiting for my new lenses and then I will post some side by side videos.

Hold off on buying the new system since I am the only Alpha tester.... it may take a while before it is ready for sale..... Once ready, I will post again.

I should add that the new system is a variation of the Vistrak Stereo system which is called the Vistrak IRV. So you will still have the playback video of the clubhead striking the ball.

Comment

keither5150 thank you for keeping us up to date. Unfortunately I just purchased an upgrade to convert my CX3 to Visitrack before I saw your posting (new to the forum). I traded emails with Martin who suggested a Visitrack eagle and new 8mm lenses for the HLA and VLA cameras. So I'm wondering which lenses you were switching to and if they were going to be 8 mm. Not sure what the "Discord" channel is but it sounds like there might be some good info on it that might help me!

Thanks!

Comment

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        I just got my 8mm lenses .... They should be better than my 12mm lenses. Make sure that you buy the LED Spotlight from Amazon. The IR lights are just not enough. Send me a private message with your email and I will invite you to my discord channel. As good as the stereo system is....this should be better. Did you run your CX3 in stereo mode?

OK good, Martin sold me the 8mm lenses so you guys are on the same page. I had taken a break from golf simulator due to back issues (but am over that after a year) so just getting back up to speed on the availability of the stereo system and Visitrack. Never really got the CTS part of the CX3 working due to physical space constraints in the basement so hoping I can rework things and add the club data I've been missing. I tore things down and just put up the Visitrack eagle to get started. Yes lighting is an issue and while I have a halogen spotlight already in place it wasn't cutting it from the quick tests today. Lots of fun tinkering with the system but it will be good to have some resources for when my brain isn't working and I get stuck!

Comment

All Vistrak Stereo users can download the latest 9.4.9.5 version of the Control Panel. Rick has labeled it good to go. Those of you that have your IRV lenses on the way, hold off on switching over until we stamp it good to go. Please note the the Vistrak IRV is currently in Alpha testing. A few little things need to be fixed before we can release it to Beta testing.
        Last edited by keither5150; 11-29-2020, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X