Recommended fabric for side curtains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended fabric for side curtains?

Does anybody have a recommendation for black cloth that doesn't glow under IR lighting. I have the recommended black carpet on the wall opposite the V camera and want to replace it with curtains. Everything I have been trying glows pretty badly and is not showing the ball trace. Does anyone know if this is reflective for IR lighting - https://www.chicagocanvas.com/produc...loth-curtains/

Thanks

What do you guys have that is similar to Fabricland in Canada? The black carpet from Home depot is very non reflective.

Comment

The new Vistrak stereo.( requires 2 vcams) is ceiling mounted and does not require non reflective material on the floor.

Comment

I changed the camera mountings from the CX2 configuration to the stereo one but have not gone through the calibration yet. In the revamp I took down the home depot black carpeting I had on the wall and things look a bit shabby. In addition because of my space limitations I have an offset hitting location (sorry no lefties ) and the distances on the stereo cameras mounting seems a bit tight. I made the two cameras equal distance from the offset center line but I need to see how it goes with the calibration as the distance between the cameras is a bit under 4 feet. That had me thinking about the VisTrak Eagle plus a V Cam configuration that Martin has been showing on the tech page.

So I want to replace the old carpet with drapes in any case but if I end up having to use a V Cam setup I don't want to have contrast problems for the launch angle camera. Sorry for the long winded explanation but thought I would fill in background.

The new VisTrak camera is really nice and beats the CTS approach by a huge margin. Now just need to get the launch angle and putting/chipping setup squared away but that is the fun part at least for me.

Comment

https://www.joann.com/anti-pill-plus...747&quantity=1
          https://www.joann.com/blizzard-fleec...980&quantity=1

Both are on sale for under $5.00/yard which is actually 36 x 58 inches Both are black

Comment

Thank you Homer! And best of all I can make my wife go to Joann's to get it

Comment

Well was able to purchase the fleece material but under IR light it glows bright white It is really interesting that the home depot carpet doesn't show up white on the camera but every cloth I have tried shows as bright as the ball.
              So back to the drawing board - if anybody knows which black cloth doesn't have dye that show up in IR lighting please let me know!

Thanks,

Comment

I made foam panels, poly foam sides and memory foam front ordered from The Foam Factory online and covered them with the fabric Martin recommended http://www.chicagocanvas.com/product...absorber-20oz/. It worked great but be careful that you don't leave any gaps, no matter how small they will show white and cause problems.

Comment

• Lewis837
                  Lewis837 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thanks Still Crazy - I had my eye on that fabric but didn't want to purchase more fabric that glowed white under IR lighting. I had written them for samples but now I can go ahead and order!

I think this Chicago Canvas fabric for draperies and the tracks can be bought from GSA, unless that's changed. And they hem it to the length you need. Price seems reasonable but can probably save buying the pieces yourself.

Comment

Ordered and received the Chicago Canvas product mentioned above and can report back that the cloth is fairly non-reflective and should work well on side walls with a side mounted camera!

Comment

Good luck, I was trying to share some photos of the panels I made but I don't think the format is compatible. If you would like to see them message me with your email address and i will send along. I can also send an image from the Vcam showing the ball flight. It works very well with the IR lighting.

Comment

Working...
                    X