GSA chipping issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSA chipping issues

I realize there are chipping issues with all overhead camera systems but since I am only familiar with GSA Vistrack I am curious as to how others are coping with the problems. At present during game play in my case E6 Connect and TGC the system will not register golf shots when within chipping distance. The shots are seen by the Vcam and Vistrac but are not recorded as valid shots. I believe this is because it is not separating the ball from the club face. I have experimented with using other clubs from a 4 iron to a lob wedge but this does not seem to solve the issue.

Thanks

For the most part, chipping and putting works fine for me using just the VisTrak Eagle camera. I get occasional misreads of a chip being really short or really long in TGC but I just do a mulligan. I don't really put in the sim but when I have done it, it always reads the shot.

There is a min speed setting in the VisTrak camera window and I think it's usually set to 5mph by default, so you could try lowering that. Other issues could be the gray scale settings and/or lighting. Mine works fine with the built-in IR lighting, with and without an LED spotlight.

It would be hekpful if you attach some screen shots of the VisTrak camera settings with a ball and putter or wedge in the view.

Comment

Move the ball forward in the hitting zone..... I can chip as slow as 6 mph with a 2 or3 yard roll.

Comment

Just today, I noticed wedge shots being massively misread when using the spotlight. The misread would predict a very long shot. After turning off the spotlight, the wedge shots were fine. This was running the 9.5.3.0 CP. I don't recall this issue on 9.5.1.7.

Comment

Working...
        X