Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

Vistrak stereo (New) chipping 2021 video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistrak stereo (New) chipping 2021 video

When playing a round of sim golf, it can be very frustrating if the simulator being used does not replicate your chipping very well. The system used in this video is the New Vistrak Stereo setup. The old setup also handles chipping quite well. I will post all that the new system offers later.

Actual gameplay chip......

Comment

This looks great! Good job to you, RickyG, and Martin for this great performance!

What exactly do you mean about version 2 of the Stereo setup? Just that it's a VisTrak Stereo as opposed to the CX system? Or is the V2 using the hardware trigger for the Stereo cams?

It is reading very well with high lofted wedges and with bright light. Are you using club stickers? If I use just the VisTrak Eagle camera with my spotlight on and use high lofted wedges, the ball speed is extremely high. This happens for long and short chips. If I turn the spotlight off, it works fine. Any ideas? I'm not using club stickers, perhaps that's something I should try. I'm using the 60W spotlight that was recommended on the website and it's placed about 2ft in front of the ball and the light is ~9.5-10ft above the hitting surface. I can email Martin some videos as well but thought I'd ask just in case you have a simple thing to try. I don't want to burden you if it takes too much of your time.

Comment

The new stereo system (V2)measures the ball much closer to the tee. Non reflective flooring is not needed. A trigger camera is not needed. The Vistrak camera triggers the stereo cams. Really short chips are super accurate since the LA is measured within a few inches of the tee. There will be some more fine tuning to chipping mode...this video was done without chipping mode activated. I have some good ideas to help with the accuracy of slow flop shots. I am using club stickers as it improves the club data a little. Chipping is really good as it is....there is just the odd flop shot when the club face flashes the camera during exposure. I will get back to testing chipping once Martin has implemented my suggestions. Today I was smashing 5 woods and trying not to hit them off the heel. When I occasionally hit the center.... I had more distance and a nice little draw to the shot. I will post more videos over the next few days.

Comment

Ok gotcha, so the V2 Stereo that you're referring to is the VisTrak Stereo so then the V1 must've been the CX stereo that used the LS camera. Thanks for clarifying. I only started looking at GSA launch monitors back in Aug/Sept, so I wasn't really familiar with the CX systems until I've scoured the website more.

You mention the odd flop shot where the wedge flashes the camera; that must be the problem I'm having when I have the spotlight on. I'll have to do some more testing with that. I wonder if my spotlight is too vertical with only being about 2ft in front of the hitting area. Where is your spotlight located? Also, my IR lighting is focusing probably about 1ft in front of my hitting zone which isn't ideal and I need to fix that.

Awesome, appreciate the videos, keep em coming!

Comment

looking great! Less related to short chips, but until there’s a functional spin cam, is spin currently calculated (based off face/path angle and other factors)? How accurate would you say spin is currently represented?

Comment

• keither5150
              keither5150 commented
              Editing a comment
              I would say that it is generally within 10%..... it is pretty good. Within a week, I plan on doing side by side videos with a Mevo +. I have some videos on my YouTube channel.....under Keither5150. I have a couple of older videos that show spin around the green and even some full 9 irons side by side with a GC2. I will get to making that side by side video ASAP.

Saw a few of the videos, any eta on a system that has measured (vs calculated) spin?

Comment

It at this time. Martin says he can but has never got any of his systems to read spin as far as I know.
              Keith and I are selling our own stereo system. Using GSA software. We have been testing for Martin for almost 2 years.
              truthfully there is only one system that’s worth purchasing. We offer support and setup all your software for you remotely. If you purchase from us. You will have to mount and aim 3 USB cams 3’ in front of your hitting mat. If interested contact us. Bullseyegolfsims.com
              Last edited by BullsEyeRick; 02-22-2021, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Rick and I are no longer selling any new systems from GSA.
                Once I sell my last system....which is on my ceiling.... I will be moving on to bigger and better things.

Comment

Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
                  Rick and I are no longer selling any new systems from GSA.
                  Once I sell my last system....which is on my ceiling.... I will be moving on to bigger and better things.
                  keither5150 , wanted to send you a PM, but your inbox is full.

Comment

• keither5150
                    keither5150 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Try sending me a message now, I have just cleaned it up a bit....
                Working...
                X