Vistrak EV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistrak EV?

Anyone have any useful info about the $1799/1999 Vistrak EV?
    is there anything new here? How is this different from previous 2 &3 camera setup promoted by gsa? Is it any more “consumer ready” than previous announced gsa products.
    I’m sure GSA has heard this over and over, but why not finish a single product instead of constantly dropping products in development? So much promising technology, so little perseverance in product development. I mean from what I have seen in the short video clips on the web, the GSA door sim software alone can be an industry changing product. Any one of these products could be if it didn’t come across as a DIY launch monitor solution.

GSA, finish a product. Stand behind it. If it is ready to use right out of the box and it performs, we will all stand behind it. All you have to do is come out with a single LM that consistently outperforms a SkyTrak at similar prices and folks will get on the bandwagon. All this product dropping and rebranding just makes people not trust what you are putting out.

Rick and I are going to start reselling the GSA products that we feel are ready...... We are going to sell all 2 of them

Comment

Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
      Rick and I are going to start reselling the GSA products that we feel are ready...... We are going to sell all 2 of them
      Which would that be?

Comment

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Vistrak Stereo.....( the new or old version) and the Vistrak Eagle.

The VisTrak EV is the VisTrak Eagle plus Vcam. I think some users have had some success with this setup, but might be best to stick with what Keith and Rick recommend as they've done a lot of testing with GSA units.

Jon, your same frustrations are probably echoed by just about every GSA customer and even possible GSA customers. The technology is there but needs focus to get 1 product that is considered done. I think a lot of us have the constant hope that GSA will get there and I sure hope that's the case. I am hopeful and I know it can be done. Whether it will be done is a different story.

Buying a GSA product, at least right now, has to have the expectation that it isn't plug and play and there will be a lot of experimentation with getting the system to work properly. Some people like experimenting with it, including myself, and some people don't like it.

Having Keith and Rick offer GSA support and also sell some of the units will be a big plus because it should help off-load some of Martin's work and Keith and Rick will only sell the stable, more reliable, and more tested systems.

Comment

Anyone considering the Vistrak EV should also budget for a LS cam to trigger. When the ball is being measured 5 or 6 feet away from where it is being hit...... how is a trigger that is near the tee going to trigger at the right time. Yes, the Vistrak camera can trigger the other cameras.... but in order to delay the triggering so that the ball is picked up 6 feet ahead..... you would need to know the speed of the shot.... The Vistrak cam does read speed...... but the reality is that a variable trigger delay based ball speed is not feasible since by the time the system reads the speed and applies the correct amount of delay...... the ball has already hit the screen. One could guess at what delay is needed for each club and apply a user defined delay so that the ball would be in the FOV to be measured. This has challenges when you have more than one player playing. If a ball is missed by the Vcam, the system will user the user defined LA based on club selection...which is not ideal.

The new stereo system also uses the Vistrak to trigger the cameras....but the ball is measure within the first 14 inches of flight..... maybe 18 inches if you are a big hitter. I am using this method to trigger my stereo cams..... I use 1 ms delay for woods and driver. 5ms delay for irons, 10 ms delay for wedges. And 20 ms delay for the LW.... which is used for shots less than 20 mph or flop shots. In reality, 1ms delay would work for all shots....but if the ball is too close to the tee when being measured....LA may be +/- 3 or 4 degrees.....not +/- 0.3 degrees...... With the new stereo setup, measurement of the ball by the stereo cams works best 5-18 inches from the tee.

Using the Vistrak EV with a LS cam will work great!

Comment

keither5150, if by LS cam you are referring to a line scan camera (which I think you are) GSA calls theirs the SX camera. If someone wants a used SX line scan camera, PM me. I also have the two cameras needed to convert a Vistrak Eagle to a Vistrak stereo system.

Comment

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok, so you have 2 cx cams and one SX Line scan cam..... I call it LS cam for short because I am either efficient or lazy. Good to know. Where are you located.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210116_092629.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	312320 Wisconsin. I just thought "LS cam" might be confusing if someone went looking for one on the GSA website.

Comment

While it's taken over a year to get the Vistrak to a level that I would feel comfortable selling....... It works pretty good as you can see in this Video.....sorry for the audio.

Comment

Here is some side by side that everyone loves....... Don't judge me on my poor strikes...... I decided to make the video after about 2 hours of hitting balls.....and I am old.
              Please note that in the video, I have the Mevo+ as a right handed golfer and the Vistrak as a left handed golfer. So shot shape is not affected just the club data is posted backwards.

Comment

Working...
              X